Measuring body weight is a must to keep one’s lifestyle on a healthy track because weight is the only thing that pictures fitness status truly. Whether we are overweight or underweight, keeping an eye on gradual changes in weight helps to determine we are improving or failing massively.
Today’s smart weighing scales helps a lot to fulfill this objective as they keep the record of our body weight, so we don’t have to remember what weight we had exactly one month ago. Not only this, but the best weighing machine can also do a lot more than that.
One should choose the weighing machine that is accurate, durable, reliable, and inclusive of all the latest features to make it future safe too. Many big brands are jumping into this business and making it.
Points of Comparison – Best Weighing Machine
Choosing the best bodyweight scale is not as simple as it looks; you should compare the available models on various technical aspects to get the right one for yourself. Here we have listed some of the critical things that you should be aware of technically.
Technically there are two types of scales mechanical weighing scale and digital weighing scale. The mechanical weighing machines are older models used to measure weight mechanically, and they are not as accurate as digital ones. Not only that, they are too heavy and bulky too, but that also becomes the main reason why it got vanished from the market, and everyone shifted towards digital ones.
It should have a lightweight & slim design for easy carrying & storage. Not only that, but the lightweight design also enhances the overall looks & appearance of the device.
The weighing scale should be capable of measuring accurate & precise readings. Taking weight more than two times will check the accuracy of the scale; if the difference is more than acceptable limits, than you should better choose other models.
Every weighing scale has a limit up to which it can measure, cause anything above that limit can damage the device. So, always check the weight limit of scales before purchasing. Many weighing scales in India are capable of reading weights up to 200-250 KGs, which is sufficient for most of the peoples unless they are Big Show. 😛
Many smart scales can offer a lot more than measuring the weight of the person. They are capable of determining BMI, BMR, Body fat, Body water, Bone mass, Fat-free weight, Muscle mass, Protein, Skeletal muscle, Subcutaneous fat, Visceral fat, Weight, Physique Rating, Metabolic age, etc. depending upon the standard of the device.
One can choose a simple bathroom scale or an advanced one with all such features considering their budget, requirements, and fitness goals.
The best weighing scales or smart scales comes with additional functions such as multi-user data tracking and mobile app syncing. The user database always helps to keep tracking health transformation movements and make necessary changes for a better lifestyle.
Data syncing to the app makes accessing the data a lot easier and convenient for everyone. So, always check the weighing scale has come up with an android/ios app for graphical analysis or not.
10 Best Weighing Machines in India
1. Autofit Body Fat Analyser Smart Scale
Actofit is the best smart body scale that is currently available in India. It can measure 15 body composition metrics accurately and displays the graphical representations of the data through the mobile app. The app sync data continuously through Bluetooth connectivity.
It uses dual-frequency BIA technology, which can measure data more precisely and shows accurate results. The capability of maintaining a multi-user database of up to 16 users ensures it’s free to use for the whole family.
This AI-based smart scale has an inbuilt chatbot that will guide you through multiple stages to achieve your fitness goals and live a healthy life. Take a look at some of its key specifications mentioned below.
- Track not just your weight but BMI, BMR, Body fat %, and 11 other body composition parameters
- Works on latest Dual-frequency BIA Technology for increased accuracy and reliability
- Multi-user database up to 16 users with graphical analysis
- AI automated Chatbot that provides you recommendations based on your lifestyle
2. HealthSense Fitdays BS 171 Smart Body Weighing Scale
The Healthsense Body scale is one of the beautifully designed smart weighing machines with the slim body and perfect dimensions to stand on it. The skid-proof rubberized finish is given to prevent slip & fall of the user and provide a sturdy grip.
It’s capable of tracking Weight, Muscle mass, BMI, Bone Mass, Body Fat, Water Content, Body Score, Basal Metabolism, protein percentage, and Visceral Fat through the FitDays App, which syncs this smart scale data. It’s the best option to buy if you’re looking for a smart scale at a moderate budget.
These kinds of weighing machines are must be recommended to those who are working on their fitness goals. The best part of this scale is that it also has a baby mode, which is not such a common feature to get on any other scale.
- It uses complex algorithms and advanced Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis to measure body compositions accurately
- The scale is designed to measure Weight, BMI, Bone Mass, Muscle Mass, Body Fat, Water Content, Body Score, Basal Metabolism, and Visceral Fat
- Easy-to-read graph representation of tracked data of different characteristics of your body composition through the FitDays app
- It can store up to 24 user profiles, and apart from the standard model, it also has athlete & baby modes to measure accordingly
3. Lifetrons Smart Body Composition Digital Weighing Scale
It is the bestselling smart body measurement scale that can keep a record of your weight, fat mass, visceral fat, subcutaneous fat, hydration, protein (%), etc. that helps to achieve fitness goals faster as we have all required data.
Apart from measuring various body parameters, the Lifetrons Health app can also track the “self diet plan” where the app auto-calculates your Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE). It eliminates the need to maintain various applications in your device; instead, one app can do both tasks.
Lifetrons is a trusted brand among thousands of Indian customers, though the app UI can be improved, overall, it’s a great package at a moderate price. Find out its key specifications below:
- Measure 12 body compositions and users can also generate pdf reports
- Lifetrons Health app with multiple features, including self diet plan
- Smoothly syncs data with Google Fit & Health kit for ios
4. HealthSense Ultra-Lite PS 126 Digital Personal Body Weight Scale
HealthSense is one of the best & reputed brands which provides trusted & reliable health gadgets. This HealthSense Weighing machine is one of the simplest designs, with lightweight material and a clear display for readings.
The wavy design ensures the proper placement of the feet with the anti-slippery surface. The four G-sensors gives accurate readings to the nearest graduation of 100g. The weight display unit can be changed between kg/pound/stone easily according to user demand.
The only con of it was that it’s not able to measure any other body parameters like smart scales. If one is looking for a basic but accurate weight measuring device, then it’s the best choice indeed.
- Four g-sensors are precisely giving accurate results
- Wavy design built of sturdy lightweight abs material keeps feet in place
- Large LCD with backlight and white fonts
- Multiple units set up with a weight range of 5kg-180kg
5. RENPHO Smart Body Fat Scale
Renpho is an imported smart scale that got appreciated in other countries, and now it’s available in India. It’s a full-body composition measurement scale that got connected to the mobile app and displayed the complete data with graphs.
The weight limit of it is around 180 kg, which is more than sufficient for a normal human being. The only drawback of it was its price, which is a lot higher than the Actofit scale but still an excellent option to consider if you have the budget.
- FDA Approved BMI Scale Body Composition Monitor
- Works with Smartphone App for easy monitoring
- Weight limit up to 396 lbs / 180 kg
6. Dr. Trust Electronic Zen Digital Weighing Scale
Dr. Trust is another reliable brand considering its value for money health devices. This weighing machine works on a rechargeable battery of 500 mah, which is enough to run the device for months after one full charge. Apart from that, it also has a unique feature of room temperature display to let you know at which temperature you are working out.
It has Accu gauge technology that can deliver results with a 0.2 lb/3 oz accuracy. It’s also included with features like auto-off function, which turned it off automatically when in no use, low battery & overload indicators.
- Accurate measurements up to up to 400 Lb/180 Kg
- High-precision gauge sensors for delivering results with a 0.2 lb/3 oz accuracy
- Temperature display, Auto-off function, overload & low battery indicator
7. Zaap Fit-1 Digital Personal Weighing Machine
This digital bathroom scale has a beautiful square cut and a large LCD display to quickly read the measurements. It is equipped with four load sensors at each corner to measure the weight of the person more accurately.
It works on three AAA batteries, so you don’t need to recharge it over the period. The low battery indicators are given to warn you before the battery dies and gives you sufficient time to replace it.
- Easy Operation And Auto Recognition Technology: 4 Load Sensors
- Auto Shutdown And Low Battery Sensor
- Made Of Tempered Glass For Long Life
8. HealthSense PS 117 Digital Personal Body Weight Scale
Another beautifully designed HealthSense Digital scale with a square dotted pattern on the black base. It has weighted only 980g, which makes it lightweight and easy to handle, whereas the base is made of skid-proof material for better grip on the floor.
It has a capacity of 3kg – 180kg weight range, three measuring units, step-on technology, error, and low battery indicators. The auto switch off technology made it energy-efficient and user-friendly.
- Lightweight with only 980g
- Non-slippy surface design
- Four high gauge G sensors are engineered to deliver accurate readings
9. Hoffen HO-18 Digital Electronic Weighing Machine
The looks are quite disappointed at first, but it’s equally effective with its high precision sensors. Apart from that, it has all other features which are needed to make it to the list of good weighing machines, i.e., low battery or overload indicator, auto shut off.
- Capacity 2.3 to 180 Kilograms
- High precision sensors for an accurate reading
- Low battery indicator, auto power-off
10. Lenovo Smart Scale
Lenovo weighing scale has a brilliant finish, and the led display doesn’t feel like its different from the scale. The numbers are big enough to read it quickly and enhance the overall looks of the device.
This smart scale is one of the few smart machines that are available at such low cost and offers various body composition metrics. Have a look at its key details to consider below.
- It’s a smart body fat scale with app support with Bluetooth connectivity
- 5kg-180kg capacity accuracy plus or minus 0.5 percent
- Body fat/water, Muscle mass/bone mass, Visceral fat-measuring
How to turn off the digital weighing machine?
The digital weighing machines are automatic that turns off automatically after a few seconds of measuring your weight. These automatic machines turn on immediately whenever someone tries to weigh them.
How to measure body parameters correctly in smart scales?
However, the smart weighing machines measure body parameters automatically, but for accurate measurement, It is recommended to weigh before bathing without clothes. As our clothes also have around 600g to 900g of weight, which may affect the actual data.
Does the surface affect measurement accuracy?
Yes, It is recommended to place the weighing machine on a hard surface, i.e., floor, instead of carpets or beds. On the soft or bad leveled surface, the machine will show inaccurate readings.
Which one works best digital or analog?
The digital machines will show more accurate reading as compared to analog. It also helps in easily noticing measurements & keeping a record of it to improve overall fitness by tracking improvement easily.
Hence! These are the best picks of weighing machines in India that one should consider in their choice of comparisons. From this detailed review & buying guide, we have learned that the best weighing scale should have multiple body composition measurement functions such as BMI, Bone Mass, Muscle Mass, Body Fat, Water Content, Body Score, etc. along with weight.
It should have multiple user databases to maintain the record of all members of the family. The connectivity to the smartphone app would help in tracking changes in the individual body and make necessary changes according to that.