The good quality water is one of the essential things a human body needs to function correctly. But the quality of drinking water is decreasing every day in many cities, which results in many kinds of diseases in the human body. That’s why the importance of water purifiers increased in our life.
The water must be free from all kind of Viruses, bacteria, lead, artificial chemicals, pesticides, and harmful microorganisms to be called it as pure water. So, Make sure the purifier is capable of removing all of them. We have conducted in-depth research to list the best water purifiers in India considering many technical aspects.
Talking about the technology of purification, there are mainly three broad categories Reverse Osmosis Purifier (RO), Ultraviolet Rays Purifier (UV), Ultrafiltration (UF) that was primarily used by many purifiers brand. All of them are capable of removing germs & viruses from the water, but UV can’t remove the dissolved salts. UV requires clear water to work and doesn’t work with muddy water.
So, you have to be careful which purification technology you prefer; It also depends on the source of water & type of pollution in water. In most of the cases, the water purifier brands use a combination of any of the two purification technology, or even some of them provide all RO + UV + UF in the same purifier.
Factors Affecting Selection of a Good Water Purifier
The source of water supply is the first thing you have to keep in your mind whether it is supplying hard water or soft water. If you’re not aware by technical terms, let me clear this the hard water is drowned from the bore wells, and soft water is supplied by the Jal boards or municipalities.
Generally, the technicians will suggest RO for hard water, UV for soft water but we recommend going with the one which has all of them because you don’t know the supply of water might affect in future and you may need to use hard water for drinking.
Here we have summed up a few points that you should consider while buying the purifier:
- The capacity that suits your needs – It depends on the number of family members, larger families supposed to consume more water during lunch time. So, you have to be aware of that factor. Generally, 8-10 liter water purifier is more than enough for a family as the purifier refills it automatically after the reduction of water in the storage tank.
- Budget Consideration – You may want to go with advanced purification technologies, but that might be heavy on your pocket or access your budget. Thus it is essential to fix a budget first then compare the purifiers of that budget category.
- Brand & Installation – Give a high priority on brand reputation, their product reviews, warranty information, and installation service as it might affect your future experience with the product.
- Quality of Supply – There is a limit of total dissolved solids (TDS) that a water purifier can handle. The practical limit of RO water purifiers is different for each model. So, It becomes essential to check the number of solid wastes in water supply, also known as TDS.
Top 10 Best Water Purifiers in India
1. Kent Grand Plus Mineral RO + UV/UF + TDS Controller Water Purifier (8-Liters)
Kent is one of the most reputed water purifier brands, and it’s purifiers completely stands on its reliability. Same as Kent guard plus which comes with double purification technology that removes the dissolved impurities such as chemicals, bacteria, viruses, and salts.
The Mineral RO Technology prevents the natural minerals in the purified water through the TDS controller. As it uses all (RO + UV + UF + TDS controller) purification methods, hence, it’s suitable for all kind of source of water whether it is from the tap or bore well or Submersible.
The Kent purifier has computer-controlled operations, but what does that mean for you? In simplified terms, it gives you an alert alarm whenever the filter needs to be replaced. It shows the alert a considerable period before it stopped working. Whereas the UV fail alarm warns you when the UV lamp becomes inefficient to ensure you never have to suffer from your health.
- Double purification of RO+UV/UF with purification speed of 20 L/hr
- A total water storage capacity of 8 liters
- Food grade plastic is used to make the body so that the water doesn’t react chemically with the plastic body
- It has inbuilt filter change alarm & UV fail signal to make sure you don’t have to worry about filter failure
- 1 Year Warranty + 3 Years No Service Charge
2. Aquaguard Smart Plus RO+UV+MTDS Water Purifier (6-Liters)
The Eureka Forbes Aquasure water purifier is one of the smartest purifiers that continuously shows the water level so that you can ensure the availability of water. It also indicates the cartridge life consistently.
The TDS regulator is efficient enough to reduce the dissolved salts up to 90% and always deliver the pure drinkable water with good taste. It’s designed in such a way that it can withstand voltage fluctuation between 150v-270v.
Its filtration process is based on six stages which include RO (Reserve Osmosis) purification and UV (Ultraviolet Rays) disinfection chamber that removes waterborne disease and make it safe to drink water. Here are some key features of Aquaguard Water Purifier that one must have to check out before proceeding further.
- Advanced RO+UV+MTDS purification ensures complete purification of drinking water
- MTDS controller makes an adjustment of taste depending upon the source of water
- Automatically turns off power once water tank is full results in energy saving
- Smart water level indication & Cartridge life indicator
- 1-year warranty on the product
3. Havells Max RO UV Water Purifier (8Liters)
Our well-known brand Havells this time comes up with a reliable RO + UV water purifier with a clean looking design, perfect if you’re looking to mount it in the corner. It has a total capacity of 8-liter water storage which is sufficient for medium to large families.
The 7-stage purification technology ensures 100% RO + UV filtration with germicidal UV-c which provides absolute safe drinking water. Its advanced mineral technology provides a balanced PH value & restructures of water molecules ensures better hydration & mineral absorption.
Zero splash faucet is one of its best feature that ensures the hygienic process of the water outlet. The only drawback of it was it doesn’t have TDS controller to remove dissolved solids.
- RO+UV purification technology with germicidal UV-c to supply continuous safe drinking water.
- Instead of TDS controller, it has a mineral cartridge that balances out the ph value of the water to make it tasty for the consumer.
- Revitalizer to restructures the water molecules and makes it biologically active that improves the hydration and mineral absorption.
- The I-Protect function ensures auto water cut-off and alerts in case of tank full, low water pressure, and error alerts for UV, SV, and pump failure.
- It is perfectly designed to place in the kitchen corner.
4. Aquatec plus Advance Plus RO+UV+UF+TDS Water Purifier (12L)
Aquatec Plus water purifier is an excellent example of value for money product, as it provides RO + UV + UF + TDF purification at a much lesser cost than others of the same category. It also provides an enormous water tank capacity of 12 liters which is more than enough for an average family.
The Aquatec purifier gives a good filtration speed of 15 liters/hour, so the user doesn’t have to wait in case of higher demands. It may be not so well known brand, but the product has excellent response & positive review from the customers.
The body design gives a classy & straightforward appearance but cleaning it might be difficult. If one asks us to list one critical missing feature, It’s always the warnings that should be present to alert you in case of failure.
- It has a TDS limit of 2000 with a rejection rate of 90%
- ABS Food grade plastic is used to ensure maximum safety
- Removes up to 99% of contaminants with real reverse osmosis technology with filters
- 1-year warranty on product and its spares
5. Livpure Glo RO + UV + Mineralizer Water Purifier (7-Liters)
Livpure is one of the fastest growing names in the purifiers market but does it stands on our expectations? Let’s find out. The Livpure water purifier has six-stage purification process which includes sediment filter, carbon filter, RO membrane, UV disinfection column, Silver Impregnated Post Carbon Filter, and a mineralizer to improve the essential minerals.
It has a delivery capacity of 12L/hour with maximum duty cycle 75L/day. Supports purification process, power on, and full tank notification would be better if capable of providing error notifications also.
This model supports TDS up to 1500ppm if you’re unsure about TDS level of water supply (borewell water) at your location you can arrange a free water testing by engineers of Livpure.
- RO+UV+ Mineralizer water purification process in the 6-stage cycle
- The system eliminates lousy taste, odor, hardness, salts, viruses, bacteria and other harmful substances from water
- Food grade plastic used to prevent the chemical reaction
- 7-liter water storage tank
6. Kent Ace Mineral 60-Watt RO+UV+UF Water Purifier (7-Liters)
It’s another water purifier by Kent that supports RO, UV, & UF filtration, but it doesn’t have Optional rejected water tank as Kent grand plus. The other features are quite the same, but you can say that its a cheaper & affordable purifier model by Kent for budget buyers.
It comes with a computer controlled operations like filter replacement alarm, UV-fail alarm that warns you when UV lamp becomes inefficient.
- Mineral RO Technology to retain essential minerals
- RO+UV+UF water purification with 7-liter storage capacity
- Food grade plastic is used in the inner tank
- 1 Year Warranty + 3 Years No Service Charge
7. Blue Star Aristo RO+UV AR4BLAM01 Water Purifier (7-Liters)
BlueStar Aristo is one of the most beautifully designed purifiers that will undoubtedly improve the elegance of the kitchen; there’s no doubt about that. But, What about the functionality? Let’s have a look at it.
It works on six-stage purification process that includes RO+UV with aqua taste booster which you can say a replacement for TDS controller. The noticeable thing here is that there is no UF filter, that could be effective.
The Aristo purifier enriched with some advanced functions, such as purification on alert, tank full indicator, low-pressure, and UV fail warning. The one which we liked the most is child lock protection which ensures your kids will never waste water anymore without your permission.
- Elegant looks complemented by superior performance
- Alert notifications LEDs to indicate tank full, low pressure, etc. with child lock feature
- Copper Impregnated Activated Carbon to remove smell, odor, and volatile organic compounds
1-year warranty on the product
8. R.K. Aqua Fresh India RO+UV+UF+TDS Adjuster Water Purifier (15-Liters)
R.K. Aqua Fresh is one of the cheapest RO purifiers that just cost you around 5000INR with the RO, UV/UF, and TDS filters. The efficiency might be not 100%, but it’ll be capable of purifying water from every type of sources, make sure the TDS level in the water supply is below 700PPM.
- Push-fit components for leak-proof performance
- Double purification by Ro and Uv with Tds controller
- Filter change alarm and Uv fail alarm protection
9. HUL Pureit WCRO200 Advanced RO+MF Water Purifier (5-Liters)
Pureit is one of the leading brands in gravity purifiers; there was a time when almost every second/third family bought the Pureit classic purifier. But slowly the crowd shifted towards the RO purifiers after knowing its benefits.
The clean looking design with RO + MF + UV purification ensures the removal of harmful chemicals like arsenic and mercury which might be present in the water available directly from a source.
It also has six stage purification technology, but the storage is capacity is limited with only 5-liter room. So, If your family’s one-time usage is more than that, better you should avoid it — otherwise, its good to go.
- RO+MF water purification
- A 5-liter Capacity water storage tank with auto-fill support
- Food safe and engineering-grade plastics used
10. AO Smith Z8 Green RO Series Water Purifier (10-Liters)
The AO Smith RO purifier is based on its innovative Advance Recovery Technology that was made to save 2x water as compared to the ordinary purifier (as per the claim). RO+SCMT technology is used to remove harmful particles, bacteria and MIN-TECH to add minerals qualities back into the water.
The two main reason for its last position as it doesn’t use UV unit and has slightly overpriced. The additional feature that it provides was the choice of hot and cold water, which makes it stand out of the box. Temperature control feature & looks are dope especially at nights its lights gives you the feel of high tech kitchen.
- Hot & Cold water taps
- Temperature control range from 45 degree Celsius to 80 degree Celsius
- RO + SCMT purifying technology
Final Words – Wrapping up the Content
Hence! You’re gone through the complete water purifier buying guide. Hope you have cleared your doubts and got the best water purifier for your home. The best purifier is the one that suits your needs, demands, and fits in your budget.
We have concluded that irrespective of the water source, one can buy the purifier that uses a combination of all water purification techniques RO + UV + UF + TDS controller. Other features/things come secondary after that, and that can’t be the primary point of comparison.
So, what you guys thought? Share your opinions, queries, reviews with us and cheers with the glass of pure water.