When it comes to making our daily life easy; washing machines are the most valuable discovery ever had in the history of electronic appliances. Cause washing clothes with bare hands has never been so easy.
Thanks to the latest washing machine technologies that made washing clothes as easy as the click of a button. One just has to sit back & relax during the washing & drying cycle, and the machine will alert when the process is complete.
However, among the thousands of options available in the Indian market, choosing the right one that deserves the money, can be challenging. To help you out in this, we have listed the best washing machines in India and some quick points that one should look into their desired machine.
Fully Automatic vs. Semi-Automatic
The first thing that one has to decide whether they want a fully automatic washing machine or a semi-automatic. Both types have advantages and limitations, where fully automatic machines have compact designs, more gentle on clothes, and don’t require manual interference.
The automatic washing machine requires a continuous flow of cold & hot water to start the wash program. If one has outlet points of both types of water, then fully automatic washing machines should be preferred. However, the inbuilt heater feature in the latest fully automatic washing machines has eliminated the need for hot water supplies.
On the other hand, the semi-automatic machines require more space because it has separate drums for washers & dryer. Other than that, it also requires manual integration and manual setting of the timer and washes intensity according to the cloth, which comes preset in automatic ones.
Front Load vs. Top Load
Depending upon the way of loading clothes into the washing machines, The washing machines can be further divided into these two categories. The terms generally refer in case of fully automatic washers.
We leave it upon you to decide which type of washing machine suits your conditions well after considering all requirements. Perhaps, we have shortlisted some of the best washing machines in the Indian market that one should consider buying for themselves.
Best Washing Machines in India
We have divided the list into three sections of front-loading fully automatic machines, top-loading automatic washing machines, and semi-automatic machines, which are ranked in terms of ease in the washing process and comfortability.
Front Loading Washing Machines
1. Bosch 8 kg Inverter Front Loading Fully-Automatic Washing Machine (WAT24464IN)
Bosch is one of the leading brands that provide premium washing machines that always ensure top performance with maximum convenience. It has an antivibration design with its eco silence motor that doesn’t use brush or pully to rotate the drum and give a silent washing experience.
The VarioDrum technology built to give better resistance against stains without harming clothes fabric much. Which gives gentle cleaning experience that one needs for the expensive clothes.
The best part about the bosch washing machine is its active water function that uses multiple load sensors to automatically adjust the water level according to laundry weight & fabric. It ultimately results in huge water saving by preventing unnecessary water wastage.
It comes with 15 preloaded wash programs, which the others can be customized easily by changing the time, temperature, intensity, rinsing, etc. The touch panel is large enough to control the things easily and has water resistance design.
- Anti Vibration design to prevent unpleasing sound and movements during the wash cycles
- Inbuilt heater to achieve the temperature quickly according to wash modes
- Express Wash to get clothes ready in a quick session
- Stainless Steel drum for durable & long life
2. IFB 8 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine (Senator Aqua SX)
This IFB washing machine has all that one needs in fully automatic washing machines, including high rpm speed, child lock, air bubble wash, laundry add, time delay, etc. which makes it an ideal option for everyone.
The highlight of this model is its inbuilt hard water treatment feature named “Aqua Energie,” which energized the water inside the drum and ensured better dissolving of the detergent. At the same time, the unique ball valve technology prevents excess detergent wastage.
It uses 3D wash technology for better soaking of clothes, and the moon shape smooth crescent removes the stains from clothes generally. The tub-clean functionality restrains the growth of bacteria, fungi, and other germs to give more hygienic wash.
- 8kg capacity large drum with Smooth crescent moon grooves on the surface
- It has a 1400 rpm spin speed for faster drying results
- Inbuilt water softener and heater
- Auto balance system to automatically redistribute unbalanced clothes for stable performance
3. Bosch 7 kg Front Loading Fully-Automatic Washing Machine (WAK24268IN)
Bosch WAK24268IN is one of the bestselling washing machines in the last few years because of its attractive features & convenient size of 7kg. It’s specially designed to reduce vibrations and can be worked effectively even at a low water pressure of 0.3 bar. It’s an ideal machine if water pressure is an issue at your place, or the water tank isn’t at sufficient height.
The noise levels are as low as 49 dB during washing, while it can increase up to 74 dB when the dryer/spinning mode is active. Cause of its EcoPerfect design and speedy operations, it has a real advantage to save electric consumption.
Besides, the super 15 wash mode lets the user wash lightly soiled clothes within just 15 minutes, which comes handy if you’re about to get ready and need fresh clothes. Apart from that, it has 12 wash programs dedicated to various fabrics like cotton, wool, or silk.
- Active Water technology to save water by sensing the load
- Antivibration design and VarioDrum technology
- Works effectively even at the low water pressure
- Equipped with reload function, child lock, allergy plus, speed mode
4. LG 7 kg Inverter Fully-Automatic Washing Machine (FH2G6HDNL42)
LG has unique 6-motion direct drive technology to remove tough stains effectively without damaging cloth fabric. The motor is directly attached to the drum to reduce vibrations, wear & tear, and no belt/pully involved in the whole process.
The inbuilt heater can heat water up to 60ºC, which is useful in hygienic washing and removing enzymes, bacteria, and detergent residue. It’s also useful in deep cleaning the drum with LG’s tub clean feature that speedily rotates high-temperature water inside to clean the dirt and water stains.
The significant advantage of the LG automatic washing machine is its smart SmartThinQ app that diagnosis 86 kinds of errors and gives suitable alerts on mobile. However, the control panel is easy to operate, and the display is more prominent and has water resistance properties.
- It has 1200 rpm speed and six motion direct drive technology
- Auto-restart feature to continue the previous cycle after the power cut
- Stainless Steel drum for maximum durability
- Smart ThinQ app to diagnosis errors in machine easily
5. IFB 6.5 kg Fully-Automatic Washing Machine (Senorita Aqua SX)
If you’re searching in the range of 6.5 kg capacity, then this is currently the best option available in the market. Loaded with functions like Express 15, babywear, stains 40, stains 60, mixed fabric, wool or hand wash, delicates, and cotton; It became an ideal washing machine to consider.
There’s a dial at the center to select the wash program and separate buttons at the right for additional functions to combine with preset programs. These buttons are for prewash, soak, extra rinse, rinse hold operations. We’ve described them briefly in the buying guide at the end of the post.
It has inbuild protection against voltage fluctuations, which may lead to frequent damages to the appliances, so it protects against all those fluctuations. The child lock is given to keep the machine safe from children’s activities. The only drawback is that it has slightly lower rpm (1000 revolutions per minute) than other models in this price range.
- The combination of 3D wash system, crescent moon grooves on the drum, and Aqua Energie ensures the perfect cleaning of clothes
- Unique water spray system with nozzles that creates a powerful 360-degree current in the drum
- Child lock and laundry add functions with various wash programs
6. LG 6 kg Inverter Washing Machine
The FHT series washing machine has the latest design by LG with modern front looks and a bigger touch panel. However, it has 6-motion wash technology with a direct drive system for fewer vibrations, just like other LG machines.
It uses steam more effectively for better cleaning during wash cycles and sterilizes bacteria, removes dust mites, pet & pollen allergen from your clothes. The inverter technology ensures less electric energy consumption while giving optimum performance.
- SmartThinQ NFC for easy customized wash cycle and app for smart diagnosis
- It has inbuilt heater, inverter direct drive technology, and six motion control wash
- Features like child lock, auto restart with multiple wash programs
7. Samsung 6 kg Front Loading Washing Machine (WW60M206LMW/TL)
The Samsung front loading washing machine uses diamond shape drum patterns with small water exit holes for gentle fabric care. The digital inverter technology is provided for energy-saving and reduce noise levels. The motor changes power according to the load automatically, which results in less electricity consumption.
It has quite a clean and straightforward design with a large door to conveniently load the clothes inside the drum. Touch buttons are arranged gradually at the bottom of the display to control temperature, spin, delay timer, etc.
It is one of the best options if you’re looking for 6kg models and low budget machines. Have a look at some of the critical specifications of it below:
- Ceramic heating element to prevent scale build-up
- Digital Inverter & diamond drum technology used
- 1000 rpm speed and multiple wash programs, including quick wash, baby care, delicate, wool, etc.
Top Loading Washing Machines
8. LG 6.5 kg Inverter Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine
LG top-loading machine is no doubt one of the few smartest washing machines causes of its smart inverter technology and diagnosis options. The smart inverter technology adjusts the energy consumption in accordance with the required power and saves energy by eliminating waste operations.
It has utterly corrosion-proof design as its motor comes with BMC Protection, and the drum is purely made of stainless steel. Prevention against rust, bacteria, or germs, while the cleaning can be done quickly by its tub-clean feature that sterilizes both inner and outer tub.
- Turbo Drum and Punch +3 technology to fight tough stains
- Total eight wash programs including Quick Wash, Strong (Jeans), Tub Clean/Aqua reserve, Favorite
- SmartThinQ app to diagnosis 86 errors
- It has a Child lock, auto restart, and tub-clean features for comfort
9. Samsung 6.2 kg Fully-Automatic Top load Washing Machine
The Samsung washing machines use diamond drum & air turbo technology for effective cleaning & drying. The design is quite simple and easy to use as most of the controls are given in feather touch buttons.
It’s equipped with a total of 6 wash cycles and five water levels to choose from. A big waterfall inlet is given inside the drum to mix detergent evenly and wash clothes thoroughly. The glass lid is made of transparent tempered glass to protect against accidental fall.
- Wash cycle for blanket, delicates, normal, quick wash, soak plus normal
- Air turbo, auto restart, child lock features for safety
- Diamond drum technology to get rid of tough stains
10. Bosch 6.5 Kg Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine
Bosch has one of the most potent top-loading machines with its 680 rpm high spin speed, and noise levels are limited to 64 dB during washing. The 8 Water levels and eight wash programs ensure you never lack features.
It is designed to work even at low water pressure, and its slim design makes sure it can fit easily in washing areas. The magic filter is used to gathers the lint and fluff, so your laundry stays cleaner. It is easily removable and can be cleaned effortlessly after a few washes.
- Power off memory to resume the cycle from where it stops in case of power failure
- Toughened glass lid with soft closing feature
- Dual dispenser to give the flexibility of using liquid or powder detergent
- 680 RPM powerful spin speed
11. Whirlpool 7.5 Kg Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine
The whirlpool washing machine uses smart sensors to automatically sense the loaded clothes and select the best wash cycle accordingly. It also helps in saving water & electric energy by using the appropriate amount of water & voltage.
It’s zero pressure technology is useful in filling the tub around 50% faster as it creates low pressure to increase the water pouring speed. Apart from that, it’s equipped with 12 wash programs that include Daily, Heavy, Delicates, Whites, Hard Water Wash, Woollens, Bedsheets, Sari, Rinse+Spin, Spin only, Wash only, Aqua Store.
- 6th sense technology to sense the water requirements and select the appropriate voltage
- Auto tub clean at the end of each cycle
- Power scrub technology to remove tough stains easily
Semi-Automatic Washing Machine
12. Samsung 6.5 kg Semi-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine
The semi-automatic washing machines have separate washers and dryers, hence occupies ample space as compared to fully automatic, but the positive side is it doesn’t require any installation and have better movability. The Samsung WT657QPNDPGXTL has specially designed large wheels for the same purpose.
It uses a powerful double storm dual jet system that helps moving fabric all around by varying the speed of the water jet. Apart from that, the body is utterly rustproof for better durability. The lint collector collects the lint, hair, and remaining parts of fabric and prevents the machine from any clogging or damage due to it.
- Inner and outer blades rotate to create a double storm to prevent tangled, knotted or twisted clothes
- Dual air intake and high 1000 rpm speed for faster clothe drying
- The big wheel for inline movement and hidden caster wheels for lateral movement ensures better portability
- EZ Wash tray to remove individual hard stains by scrubbing and rinsing on the go
13. LG 8 Kg Semi-Automatic Washing Machine – P8035SGMZ
It is a sturdier option with 1200 rpm spin speed and three wash programs based on the intensity (Gentle, Normal, & Strong). While the 8kg large capacity makes it suitable for everyone as the big families can also wash clothes easily.
On the control panel, there are four dials to control the wash timer, wash intensity, drain, and spin duration. An inlet is given where the water pipe can be connected to fill the tub, or the separator can be used to transfer the inlet water into the dryer part for rinsing.
- 1200 RPM high spin speed
- 8kg wash capacity and 6kg spin drum capacity
- 360-degree wheel for swift movements and rat repellent layer
14. Whirlpool 7 Kg Semi-Automatic Top Loading Machine
The whirlpool semi-automatic washing machine has a combination of soaking and scrubbing action to remove dirt particles or stains from the fabric. Apart from that, it has a collar scrubber or scrub station also to rub out hard to remove stains.
The impeller rotator used to give the laundry the right motion to rotate, rub, and clean thoroughly. Have a look at the other vital details of the product below:
- 1450 rpm spin speed
- Super soak and scrubbing action for deep cleaning
- Inbuilt collar scrubber for spot cleaning
15. Godrej 8 kg Semi-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine
The Godrej semi-automatic machine has the unique design as the water inlet section is given at the center of the machine, whereas three dials to control the wash time & spin time is given around it.
The dark and light combination is used well throughout the body, which looks better than single color options while the wash tray is placed perfectly at the center to wipe off tough stains that require additional treatment.
- Spin shower for proper distribution of water all over the clothes for better rinsing
- Active soak to soak the clothes before the regular wash for about 20 minutes
- Cord winder for secure storage
Hence, these are the most reliable washing machine brands that one can trust by putting their money. I hope you have got the desired one for yourself if still confused then read our in-depth guide to know more about the latest technologies.
Buying Guide – Best Washing Machines
The total weight of the clothes a washing machine can handle conveniently without any failure represents the size or capacity of the machine. The size selection primarily depends on two factors; the total number of dirty clothes collected per day and how frequently you wash your clothes.
If you have a small family of 2-3 members and wash clothes daily, then the small size washing machine recommended not more than 5kg to 6.5kg. Similarly, the bigger families of more than four members should choose a high capacity washing machine (7kg to 10kg) for themselves.
Other than that, space availability is also a key factor as the high capacity models have larger dimensions that might not fit in the place of installation. So, check the dimensions of all the capacity versions and select the right one according to space.
Every cloth has a different kind of fabric, usage, texture, color, and they can’t be treated in the same way. Wash programs are such functions in the washing machine where the mode of washing, spin speed, intensity, duration, temperature are pre-defined and can be selected by the user easily.
Many best washing machine brands will give maximum numbers of wash programs to suits every kind of user’s needs. Some of the essential programs are mentioned below that are most likely to be used by the users frequently.
- Anti Allergen – This hygiene program is designed to clean clothes that come directly in contact with the skin, such as pillow cover, underwear, towels, etc. In this cycle, high temperature and steam (if the machine supports) used to remove allergens.
- Delicate/Handwash Program – The lower temperature and drum speed is set in such programs to wash delicate clothes carefully without damaging the fabrics or colors. It is must be recommended for woolen, silk, or any fabric that has a high probability of damaging due to intense washing cycles.
- Quick Wash – It’s one of the most popular programs that lets the user wash their laundry in a shorter amount of time. The wash period may vary for each fully automatic washing machine model, but some might take as low as 15 minutes.
Note: The express wash modes may only allow a limited weight of clothes, which might range from 1.5 kg to 4-5 kg. Some washing machines may also allow the full load on this mode, but one should check that number before selecting any model.
- Baby Wear – It’s a wash program that is specially designed for baby garments as they have highly sensitive skin. It is typically an intensive program that uses a high-temperature wash, followed by several rinses to make sure the harmful detergent particles are obliterated.
- Pre Ironing or Anti Crease – If the clothes are not that dirty and need to be quickly ironed after washing, then this mode can be beneficial. It uses slow spin speed and shorter wash periods to prevent the forming of creases.
Along with these preset wash programs, the best brands will also provide separate buttons to customize the settings to suit individual needs. Such functions can be used with any program, and it overlays the default setting of that program.
This function lets the user prewash heavily muddy or soiled clothes with pure water before starting the regular wash cycle. When the button is pressed, the garments are prewashed, and the wash cycle automatically continues after that.
The user can select the starting time of the wash cycle after loading the clothes and go anywhere they want to. The machine will automatically start the cycle and cleans the clothes at the expected time. If someone has a too-busy schedule, the delay start might be handy for them.
Alternatively, some brands give end time function, which specifies the wash cycle end time. Suppose if you have to get ready for the office at 8 AM, you can set the end time at 7 AM and relax the whole night. The washing machine will automatically complete the cycle at a specified time irrespective of when it starts.
Even before the washing machine age, we want some clothes to be soaked in the soapy water, which loosens up dirt and grime and makes it easier to remove the stain. Using this feature, one can easily set the amount of time during which the clothes remain stationary before the normal wash cycle.
Some machines have baby wear pre-programmed wash mode to extra rinse the clothes, but if you want extra rinsing of clothes combined with other wash modes, then this can be easily achieved by this button.
It holds the clothes in warm water before completing the wash cycle to prevent the forming of the crease on the garments. If you’re not around to take the clothes out, then you can quickly turn it on and let the cycle complete when you’re ready.
Latest Washing Machine Technologies
Direct Drive Technology
You may have seen the old washing machines vibration during washing or drying cycles, that is because of the movable parts like gears & belts involved in the process. These parts create lots of friction that results in unpleasing vibrations and a waste of energy.
Not only that, but such high-intensity friction also have a negative impact on the parts of the machine that reduces its life. That’s the major problem with most of the semi-automatic washing machines cause they have such high friction that many elements will need to replace after 7-8 years.
EcoBubble & O2 Wash Technology
Many washing machine companies have started using these technologies to use the power of bubbles to eliminate fine dirt particles without harming cloth fiber.
Samsung’s EcoBubble converts the detergent particles into bubbles that cover the cloth and penetrate deep into its fabric that gives excellent cleaning results even at lower temperature water. Similarly, IFB uses O2 wash, and bosch uses Active Oxygen to generate millions of air bubbles that combine with liquid soap and helps deep cleaning of clothes.
General Washing Tips for Best Results
Every machine needs to be treated carefully to maintain its efficiency and attain a longer service life. Here we are sharing some quick tips that one should follow while using washing machines.
- Always ensure the pockets are empty and don’t contain any metal coins or items before loading clothes into the machine
- Try to have a mix of large & small clothes during each wash cycle
- Never wash single items alone try to add one or more similar items
- Sort & group clothes based on fabric, color, use, etc. before loading them
Hard Water Effects
Washing clothes with hard water has various adverse effects as it may lead to deposits of salt around the drum or inlet pipes. The dissolving of detergent is another issue that rises due to this problem.
To tackle this, one can use water softening agents or change the detergent dosage as described by the detergent manufacturer in case of hard water. At the same time, some Indian brands have started giving inbuild water softeners or aqua filters on their high-end or best washing machine models to remove the hardness of water by breaking the salts like bicarbonates in the hard water into fine crystals.