Having a well-trimmed beard adds extra charm in anyone’s personality, but it can’t be achieved with an ordinary trimmer. Instead, you have to be really professional with the selection of the best trimmer for yourself.
There are various factors that come in our minds when we think about trimmers, but first, you have to examine what you’re expecting from your trimmer. Accuracy, range, portability, battery life, etc. there are many of them to think about.
Things to look into the best beard trimmer
The best trimmer for men is not the one that has all the features. Instead, it is the one that has the things that you need within your budget. So, keeping these things in mind, one can focus on the following points of comparison.
Cordless or Corded?
The cordless trimmer gives the freedom to use it anywhere irrespective of having a socket nearby or not. But the headache of keeping it charged every time is a significant problem with such trimmers, especially if it has low runtime and higher charging time.
On the other hand, wired trimmers can be plugged and use instantly without worrying about its battery life. The problem with such trimmers is the power failure; It’s worthless if you’ve faced power cut when you’re about to get ready for office or college.
Charging & Usage Time
If you’re about to buy a cordless trimmer, pay pivotal attention to its charging time. Cause there are many trimmers in the market that needs 8-10 hours of charging to use it for an hour.
Such criteria can leave you into deep trouble if you’ve forgotten charging the trimmer, and you can’t load it immediately as it has high charging time.
To get a perfect & sharp beard cut, there should be a proper length adjustment setting in the trimmer to achieve what is desired. The best trimmer brands would provide a precision of 0.5 mm or less.
One can lock in the setting according to their beard length and achieve the exact desired length quickly.
The skin-friendly design is a must to keep your skin safe from unwanted cuts during trimming. It also gives the freedom to use trimmer ruthlessly with saves your precious time ultimately.
Along with these, it should be designed in such a way to clean it easily with brush or water to remove the hairs. Such things help in maintaining the hygiene of the products.
10 Best Beard Trimmers in India
1. Philips DuraPower Beard Trimmer BT3221/15 – Corded & Cordless, Titanium Blades
Philips BT3221/15 Trimmer is the best pick of the current year as it resolves many issues of older versions. Now it comes with a lift & trim system, which is more effective in trimming facial hairs from the root and gives faster results.
The battery indicator is the latest addition in the features of trimmer series by Philips, and it’s capable of indicating low battery, full, or charging status. The self-sharpening titanium blades designed to always gives the best results as on day one.
It is shaped very well and doesn’t make you feel odd while holding or operating it. The head is detachable and cleaned quickly with water wash, whereas the travel pouch keeps it safe from dust while traveling. No doubt it is the best trimmer in India with such dedicated specifications, check out some of its key features below.
- It has Six times longer battery life with battery indicator
- Capable of 90 minutes of cordless usage after one hour of charging or can be used as a corded trimmer
- It has 20 Lock-in length settings which can be adjusted easily with a zoom wheel
- Self-sharpening Titanium Blades
2. Philips Beard Trimmer Cordless and Corded for Men QT4011/15
Philips is one of the most reputed & trusted brands, especially when it comes to beard trimmers. The Philips QT4011 is the perfect example of its good durability & reliability over the years, as it is one of the bestselling trimmers in the last 4-5 years.
It’s another hybrid trimmer that can be used in both ways (corded & cordless). It has 20 lock-in settings with a range of 0.5 mm to 10 mm with a precision of 0.5 mm.
The only drawback of it was it doesn’t have any battery indicator to let you know the real status of battery power. It has a kind of rounded head, which is not as efficient as the BT3221 lift & trim system.
- 90 minutes of cordless use with one hour of full charge
- 20 length settings 0.5 – 10mm with 0.5mm precision
- Skin-friendly performance with rounded blade tips
3. Philips DuraPower Beard Trimmer BT3211/15 – Corded & Cordless
Here’s another promising Philips trimmer of BT series, the only main difference between BT3211 and BT3221 is that it uses stainless steel blades instead of titanium. The change in blade material is the reason behind the reduction of price.
If you’re satisfied with the stainless steel blade, then this might be the best option for you to get. The green color theme adds an extra grace to the product.
- 60 minutes of cordless usage after 10 hours of charging
- 20 lengths settings with lift & trim system
- Its ergonomic design allows trimming hard to reach areas
4. Braun MGK3020-6-in-One Multi Grooming and Trimmer Kit
Braun is another premium brand of grooming devices known on its excellent quality hardware. It’s not just a trimmer; it has the whole set of various combs for different purposes with a nose/ear trimmer attachment.
It has 13 precision length settings from 0.5-21mm to suit different beard length styles. A big button is given in front to control the operation of the trimmer.
- Comes with a nose/ear trimming attachment
- Ultra-sharp stainless steel blades cut through long or thick hair without any pulling or tugging
- 13 precision settings make it suitable for styling purpose
5. Syska UltraTrim HT700 Beard Trimmer
The Syska trimmer comes with a unique design where a big dial is given in front to change the lock-in length setting. It has 20 length settings ranges from 0.5 to 10 mm with a precision of 0.5 mm.
It’s a simple cordless trimmer that can’t be used while charging. This is a big drawback, but one can adjust with such things if you want a trimmer around 1k rupees.
- Self-sharpening stainless steel blades
- It has the charging time of 8 hours with a runtime of 45 minutes
- 20 Length settings
6. Philips Beard Trimmer Cordless for Men QT4001/15
It is one of the best budget trimmers with a positive response from consumers. The design looks familiar to other Philips trimmer, but the lock-in settings of it have a limitation, which only capable of 1mm precision with a 1-10mm range.
The head is detachable, and the blade tips are rounded to make it skin-friendly. Apart from that, check out its other key features:
- Charging indication on the adaptor not on the product
- Self-sharpening stainless steel blades for long-lasting performance
- Easy to hold and use, it’s designed to help to trim in an easy way
7. Syska HT300 Hair and Beard Trimmer
The dark and compact Syska HT300 trimmer doesn’t look up to the mark but has equally effective with its 20 length settings and 0.5mm precision. It is enriched with skin-friendly stainless steel blades for durable performance.
The unique thing about its design was its in-built stand and in-built adjustable comb. Using the stand, you can place it anywhere in your dressing area or bathroom.
- Inbuilt adjustable comb & stand on the bottom
- Charging time 8 hours/ working time 35 minutes
- Rounded blade teeth for smooth skin contact
8. Panasonic ER-GB37 Men’s Trimmer
The Panasonic Men’s trimmer is a beast in terms of its promising features. It is suitable for both wet and dry usage, so the guys who love shaving too can use it without any worries.
It is designed in such a way to allow water to drain over it for easy cleaning. It comes with a stand charger, which gives 50 minutes of usage time after fully charging the device.
- 19 settings for trimming 1-10 mm
- Suitable for both wet/dry shaving and gives smooth 0.5 mm cut with foam
- Double stainless-steel blades with an acute edge of 45 degrees
9. ZILANT BBT Professional Corded Electric Trimmer for Men (BC-1600)
Zilant is one of the cheapest options of trimmer available in the market. It is a wired electric trimmer that can only be used while plugged in. The benefits of such trimmers we have already discussed in the earlier section of the post.
We often see such trimmers in local barbershops, they’re equally effective but should be used with caution.
- Blades are titanium coated
- Doesn’t comes with any comb or head for various length setting
- plug & use type corded trimmer design
10. Nova NHT-1045 Rechargeable Cordless Beard Trimmer
The Nova trimmers are quite famous for its such low price tag with and such a number of attachments available with it. It has a removable battery which can be charged in 8 hours for sufficient 30 minutes of cordless use.
- Available in various funky colors
- Skin-friendly rounded tips for smooth trimming
- 30 minutes running time with 8 hours of charging
Hence! There are top picks of beard trimmers in India with a detailed review of all. I hope you’ve selected the right trimmer for yourself; if not, you can ask us your queries regarding this through comments.
The best trimmer in India should have both cordless & corded usage options and should have a range of lock-in length settings with less precision. Apart from that, the titanium blades are preferred over stainless steel ones.