In the world of washing machines, the top-loading ones are the most popular choice among the people. The top load washing machines can be divided into two major categories, fully automatic and semi-automatic.
These machines are slightly upgraded versions of semi-automatic machines where only a single drum is used for both washing & drying tasks. Perhaps, these are still inferior to front-load machines in terms of wash quality.
10 Best Top Load Washing Machines in India
1. Whirlpool 8 Kg Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine with In-Built Heater
Whirlpool is one of the most excellent companies when it comes to washing machines. They’re delivering quality products for decades, and there’s no second thought about their customer service. The STAINWASH ULTRA 8.0 has 3D scrub technology to fight tough stains and 12 wash programs to compile with that.
The Spiro Wash Action ensures better movement of the clothes inside the drum that helps to achieve a thorough wash from every angle. Its 3D scrub pad is loaded with spring to move laundry repeatedly to loosen out the dirt by scrubbing action.
Its smart sensors detect the laundry weight and display the detergent dosage quantity recommendation that prevents users from adding excess detergent. Not only that, but it also senses the low voltage and water pressure conditions before starting the wash cycle.
- It has inbuilt water heater to attain accurate water temperature as per the wash program
- ZPF technology with Dynamix Technology to fill the drum faster with better mixing of detergent
- Stainless steel drum with plastic base
- Hard water wash, Auto tub clean, and smart lint filter included
- Equipped with 12 wash programs – Daily, Heavy, Delicates, Whites, Hard Water Wash, Eco Wash, Woollens, Bed Sheet, Rinse + Spin, Spin, Wash Only, Aqua Store
2. LG 6.2 kg Inverter Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine
The LG T7288NDDLG has slightly low capacity than average but comes with a smart inverter technology that makes it a perfect option to save some bucks in terms of electricity bill. LG uses 3 + 1 design where three small pulsators and one big pulsator was used to generate water streams vertically and mix up the clothes continuously.
It has a turbo drum feature that rotates the drum and pulsator at higher speed with opposite directions. That creates higher resistance to the clothes and ultimately removes the stains quite easily.
Apart from that, the LG top-load machine has a smart diagnosis feature using the user can detect any issue smartly while connecting the machine with a mobile app. Overall it’s a well-designed product with the trust of LG. The only limitation of it was as it doesn’t have an inbuilt water heater, which the whirlpool is giving at the same price range.
- Inverter motor for energy-efficient operation
- 6.2 Kg capacity and 780 rpm speed for faster drying time
- Includes wash programs like Normal, Pre Wash+Normal, Gentle, Quick Wash, Strong, Tub Clean/Aqua reserve, Favorite
- Stainless steel drum for maximum durability
- Smart diagnosis, child lock, auto restart
3. Bosch 6.5 Kg Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine – WOE654W0IN
Bosch WOE654W0IN is one of the bestselling top load washing machines that provide all essential requirements at an attractive price. The inner drum is entirely made of steel that ensures its long life and durability.
It has an intelligent power wave washing system that creates dynamic water flow within the drum to wash clothes effectively. Along with that, it has eight wash programs and eight water level selector options.
It is designed in such a way to make it easy for the user to operate and run the cycle. The lid is made of toughened glass, and soft closing is there to make the smooth closing of the lid. In case if someone opens up the lid during the running wash cycle, it will automatically pause the drum movements.
- Wavedrum technology with eight wash programs
- Effectively works even at a low water pressure
- Magic filter, child lock, dual dispenser
- 680 rpm, Hot & cold water intake
4. LG 6.5 kg Inverter Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine
It’s another LG top-loading machine on the list, but it has 6.5 kg capacity, which is slightly larger than the previous model. It uses smart motion and turbo drum technology to give proper resistance to the stains.
The waterfall circulation uses multi water flow to increase the circulation of water within it. Considering features, It has a total of eight wash programs that include quick wash, intense (Jeans), tub clean. The tub-clean feature needs to be run frequently to clean the outlets and scale formation in the tub; this increases the overall life of the machine.
- Inverter technology that uses variable motor speed as per requirement
- Corrosion resistance motor and stainless steel drum
- Auto-restart, child lock, multi water flow
5. IFB 6.5 kg Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine – TL-RDW
IFB TL-RDW is one of the most loved top-loading machines over the past few years. The noticeable part is that it comes with four years warranty on the product but has the same duration for the motor whereas most of the brands will give at least ten years’ warranty on the motor.
The ivory white color is something unique among others and a control panel with feather touch buttons to easily operate it even with wet hands. The maximum spin speed of the drum is 720 revolution per minute, which is sufficient enough to dry clothes on time.
- Aqua Energie water softener to operate it with hard water
- 6.5 kg capacity and 720 rpm
- Moon grooves on the drum surface that gives a water cushion to delicate fibers
6. Whirlpool 7.5 kg Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine
This whirlpool top loading machine has the most elegant looks and premium features, but it’s expensive at the same time. That’s why we kept it lower on our list. However, it comes with features like Hot Catalytic Soak and 360° blooming wash motion.
It has multiple drying options, namely Gentle, Normal, Extra, and Power, that gives the user freedom to choose drying intensity as per cloth fiber. Whereas, the feature like smart sensors, smart detergent recommendations, zero pressure fill, hard water wash, and dynamix make it stand out of the box.
- Smart sensors for a smart recommendation
- Zero pressure fill technology
- 360° blooming wash motion with 3D turbo impeller
- Removes up to 50 tough stains
7. LG 7.0 Kg Inverter Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine
The LG T8081NEDLJ is the best 7kg top-loading machine that one should consider if they have a big family. It uses a smart inverter motor that keeps the energy consumption to minimum levels.
Apart from that functions like Variodrum, smart diagnosis, tub clean, auto restart makes it an ideal option for users. Overall, it looks good with silver and black color combination, that conveniently fits with any interior theme.
- 7 Kg capacity to suit big families
- Inverter motor to consume less electric energy
- Air dry to reduce the moisture of clothes resulting in faster drying time
8. Samsung 6.2 kg Fully-Automatic Top load Washing Machine
The Samsung WA62M4100HY/TL is the evergreen modal of top-loading machines as it is the bestselling machine in India over the last few years. Still, it offers hard to resist pricing and feature combination that perfectly suits the average user needs.
If you’re looking for a basic machine with standard features and if you can adjust with 6.2 kg capacity, then you can consider this as a great option. The only drawback of it was it comes with only four years warranty on the motor whereas others have ten years of it.
- Multiple Wash programs including a blanket, delicates, eco tub clean, normal, quick wash, soak plus
- Additional features air turbo, auto restart, child lock, magic filter
- Diamond drum and five water levels
9. Haier 6.2 Kg Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine – HWM62-AE
Haier has two popular models of low budget top load washing machine, one with 6.2 Kg and another 5.8 kg. If you have a slightly tighter budget and don’t want to put an excessive load in your pocket, then these two models should be considered.
The Haier HWM62-AE has eight wash programs along with features like child lock. The body is made of pre-coated metal to prevent the surface from corrosion and adds an additional layer.
- Oceanus Wave Drum with strong water flow
- Balance Clean Pulsator and bionic magic filter
- Fuzzy Logic, Ariel cycle, and child lock
10. Haier 5.8 kg Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine – HWM58-020S
It is the only top-loading machine in India around 10000, and if one is looking for a washing machine in this range, then they can consider this fully automatic gem. The design looks traditional with big colored buttons to operate quickly.
The drum inside is made of stainless steel to increase its durability, and the exterior body is made of plastic that is easy to clean & rust-free properties. Other key specifications of it mentioned below:
- 700 RPM and conventional motor
- Quadra Flow Pulsator to avoid tangling of clothes
- Six wash programs including cotton, synthetic, mix, ECO, pre-wash, quick wash, daily wash, rinse & spin
Buying Guide – Top Loading Machines (Fully Automatic)
In India, there isn’t any culture of common laundry points or self-service laundry where people use the shared washing machines set up at a location to wash the clothes. We used to get it done by ourselves in the home or nearby dhobi in a local place.
Nowadays, the advanced technologies of washing machines helping people to wash clothes with ease. The top load washing machine is the best to give that economic benefit of laundry centers and comfort of washing experience.
Hopefully, you have read our common guide on washing machines, where we explained all buying considerations in detail. Here we will specifically discuss the functions of top-loading washing machines that one should consider.
Wash Programs & Water Level
The wash programs contain predefined settings according to the cloth fabric or laundry type. It also defines the intensity of roughness during washing cycles. The most common programs that one needs are a daily wash (for regular laundry or mix type of clothing), delicate (for precious clothes that need special care), intensive, refresh, quick wash, jeans, bedsheets, etc.
As the name suggests, the quick wash completes the wash cycles at comparatively much less time. If the clothes aren’t heavily stained or dirty, the user can use this mode to get ready to use clothes in a quick time.
We all have clothes that remain in the cupboard for years, and when finally we decided to wear them, they got a horrible smell. To refresh such clothes, we have a refresh function in the top load, fully automatic washing machines.
Soft Closing Lid & Auto Stop
It is a type of feature that you only find in this range of washing machines. It closes the lid smoothly, preventing unpleasing sounds and any chances of lid breaking. If someone opens up the lid in the midway wash cycle, the drum rotation will automatically stop if a machine has auto-stop functionality. It’s a kind of safety function that prevents any hazardous incident from happening.
Top Loading with In-built Heater
The hot water is more efficient in removing tough stains and allergens from the clothes. All washing modes have a predefined temperature of the water that needed for that mode considering fabric qualities.
To attain this conveniently, many brands like a whirlpool, bosch, LG have introduced an inbuilt heater in the latest models that heat the water automatically after starting the wash cycle.
Apart from that, one should check for stainless steel drum, magic filter (lint filter), rpm, capacity, and warranty information before purchasing any model online.
Advantages of Top Loading Machines
- Loading clothes into these machines are easier than the front loading machines because of convenient height.
- Comparatively, less expensive than front-loading machines.
- Away from the reach of the kids. Suitable for safety purposes.
- It consumes less water than traditional top-loading machines.
Limitations of Top Loading Machines
- It requires more time than semi-automatic as the same drum is used for both washing & drying purposes.
- The quality of washing is slightly inferior to the front-loading ones.
- One needs to arrange clothes properly to avoid the tangling issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it possible to use only a single operation of Drying/rinsing?
Yes, Most of the brands have that option to allow the user to use only rinsing & drying function without washing.
How much is water pressure required for top loading machines?
Nowadays, the latest top load machines can work on water pressure as low as 0.3 bar. Perhaps, It is recommended to confirm the same with product description as every model/brand has different values.
Can users add water manually?
No, It’s not possible with fully automatic models. The machine takes water from the default inlet and procedure. If anyone tries to do it manually may lead to damage or display error code.
How to decide the water level?
The water level is based on the laundry size, and one can easily select the water level after examining how much the wash drum has filled with clothes. Some models have certain kinds of markings to make it easy.
What if the user overload the machine unknowingly?
In such cases, the smart washing machines will display the overload error and allows the user to remove some of the clothes to start the wash cycle.
After knowing all these facts and reading the complete guide, one can easily select the best top load washing machine for their home. However, we have also made a list of top models to help one through the process.
Still, If we have missed something to mention here, please let us know through the comments. We always put our efforts to add value to your life.