In India, people used to Iron their clothes by themselves, but it’s not a pleasing task for anyone. Everyone wants to complete it as soon as possible with minimal efforts but to attain such speed & comfort; One has to get the best steam irons for themselves.
To help people in this, we have done an in-depth review & analysis of various steam irons available in India by the best iron brands like Philips, Usha, etc.
Why Steam Iron?
Sometimes removing wrinkles from the cloth isn’t possible with simple iron. Some fabric needs moisture too while ironing to regain their position and make them completely wrinkle free.
The science behind it was the steam makes the fibers of the cloth moist & loose, which is tend to straighten by the heat of iron quickly.
Points of Comparison – Best Steam Iron
If you’ve decided to buy steam iron you just can’t go and buy one from the store, there are many functions which need to be compared to get the best efficiency. The better efficient your iron is the more electric energy it will save for you by reducing the ironing time.
The soleplate or iron plate should be made of non-stick material to prevent your precious clothes from sticking due to high temperature. Not only that it should be easy to clean, easy to maintain, scratch resistance, & durable for longer life.
Soleplates are the ones which come in real contact with cloth fabrics; that’s why the quality of it matters the most. The size of it should be large enough to cover sufficient area in one go, and the pointed end ensures to iron the hard to reach areas.
The steam iron box must be designed in the way to give adequate steam supply to the cloth fabric. That can be only achieved by the sufficient number of steam holes at the right place to provide the benefits of steam to every corner of the cloth.
The best iron box brands always come up with the best design possible to spread the steam to larger areas. One can check the placement & number of steam holes on soleplate before purchasing it.
Power & Convenience
Higher wattage means high power, which delivers high steam power & attains higher temperature in quick time. Ultimately it reduces the ironing time by achieving the desired temperature quickly.
The iron should have a precise temperature control system for a different type of fabrics that was easy to set up. Along with that, the handle should be designed in the way to make the grip more comfortable to hold.
Water Tank & Self Cleaning
The water tank capacity should be large enough so that it doesn’t bother you to fill it every time. In general, 250 ml to 300 ml is enough to satisfy user needs more extensive than that may increase the iron size and makes it bulky.
The modern iron must include the safety features such as auto shut off, swivel cord for the protection of the product & other things.
The auto shut off feature cuts off the power supply automatically if the person left the iron power on. It’s literally a life saver feature that prevents your clothes or iron table from burning. It is basically a sensor-based system where sensors examine the constant position of the iron and signals to cut off the power.
Hence! These are some must to have things in an ideal iron; one can compare these features in the irons available in the market to get the best choice. Perhaps we already did it for you and made an exclusive list of top 10 steam irons that one should consider.
10 Best Steam Irons in India
1. Philips EasySpeed Plus GC2048 2300-Watt Steam Iron
Philips is one of the leading brands of home appliances has been dominating the steam iron market in India since years. The Philips GC2048 is one of their best iron from GC series which has 2300 watt power with a steam output of 35 g/min.
The ceramic soleplate and vertical steam ensure the best ironing experience. The steam boost function is given to get rid of hard to remove wrinkles which can’t be done with an ordinary iron. Features like auto-off provide the assurance of safety; if accidentally left the power on it will automatically turn off.
Overall its nicely designed product with better space through the handle and using the robust heel you can conveniently keep the iron on rest. Have a look at some of its key specifications below;
- It has a powerful Steam output of 35g/min
- Steam boost feature to get rid of tough creases which release 120g steam with a single press
- 2300 wattage for fast heat up
- It includes the drip stop system, auto shut off feature for safety and swivel cord for 360-degree movements
2. Black+Decker BD BXIR2202IN 2200-Watt Steam Iron
Black + Decker is another well-known brand known for its rough & tuff durable products. It’s a powerful steam iron model with 2200 watt operations for quick heat up and ready to use within seconds.
The soleplate is ceramic coated to make smooth contacts with all type of fabrics. The 380ml water tank and 35g/min steam output make it a perfect choice to get the steamed iron. The best part about it was its anti clock scale prevention function, which prevents scale building up due to water impurities. If still there is any build-up scale that can be removed by its Self-clean feature.
The dial is quite easy to set up, and the markings are large enough to read easily. The only minor drawback is that it doesn’t have any robust heal design at the back which is given in the Philips GC series.
- Powerful steaming operation with 35g/min continuous steam output and 90g/min steam boost
- Anti-drip feature to avoid any water dripping from the soleplate in case the steam level is not reached
- Ceramic coated soleplate for even temperature & nonsticky surface
- Anti clock & self-clean function for scale-free operation & longer service life
3. Havells Magnum 1840-Watt Steam Iron
Havells Magnum is a great combination of looks & power; with its 1840 watt power & variable steam functionality, one can remove any kind of wrinkle easily. The variable steam allows changing the amount of steam which is ejected through steam holes cause every fabric type needs a different amount of steam.
Non-stick coated soleplate & soft grip handle makes the operating it too easy cause the non-stick surface doesn’t stick to clothes even if one uses a slightly higher temperature than needed. It’s also equipped with anti-scale feature & self-cleaning with a single button press to ensure easy maintenance of the product.
- Dual sealed steam generator to make the iron spill proof and ensures water does not get spilled on your clothes during the ironing
- It has 300 ml water tank with anti-scale coating to prevent gathering of scaling deposits and self-cleaning feature makes it easy to clean
- Non-stick coated soleplate which ensures plate will effortlessly glide over the fabrics
4. Black+Decker BD BXIR2201IN 2200-Watt Cord & Cordless Steam Iron
It’s another beast from Black+Decker which has cordless ironing functionality, yes you read it right now you can use iron without any disturbance of cord. It comes with a base where it should be placed, and the base will provide power to the iron.
Along with that, it has a range of features which provides every bit of customized experience to the user. Overall it’s an excellent product to buy if you’re looking for cordless steam iron with a durable body.
- 350 ml water storage tank with anti-drip, anti-calc, and self-clean function
- Ceramic coated soleplate
- Variable steam & heat control with steam burst & spray functionality
5. Morphy Richards Super Glide 2000-Watt Steam Iron
Morphy Richards is another reputed brand in the list which gives well-designed home utility products. This super glide steam iron comes with 46 steam holes which ensure the uniform release of the steam generated over the whole area covered by the soleplate.
The steam boost function of this iron was also better than others as it gives steam at the speed of 150g/min. Check out other key features of it that would be crucial.
- Ample water storage of 350 ml and self-cleaning function with anti-calc properties
- Ceramic soleplate with 46 steam holes for vertical steaming
- Turbo boost & water spray for tough creases whereas the controllers are given on the handle and base
6. Philips GC1905 1440-Watt Steam Iron with Spray
Philips GC1905 is the bestseller steam iron since last few years and never disappoint its buyers in terms of performance. It’s not as powerful as other 2000 watt irons but it’s good enough to work on every type of cloth fibers.
It can give a continuous steam output of 13 g/min and has an option to give a fine water spray to evenly moistens the clothes. If you’re looking for a basic steam iron without any advanced features than its the best choice.
It has some kind of limitations as well cause it doesn’t have steam boost, non-stick or ceramic coated surface, and self-clean feature which is must to have to get a better experience.
- Aluminum soleplate with steam holes along with edges
- Steam output up to 13 g/min with water spray function
- 1440 wattage operation with variable heat controls
7. Havells Sparkle 1250-Watt Steam Iron
Havells Sparkle is another precise model of basic steam iron that is available at an affordable cost for everyone. However it still offers some valuable features like verticle burst of the steam, non-stick coated soleplate surface, and overheating protection.
This 1250 watt steam iron has 230 ml water tank which is a bit below average, but one can adjust with this easily if they want to buy low budget steam iron.
- Non-Stick coated soleplate
- 230ml water tank with verticle steam burst
- It can produce steam up to 15g per minute
- Overheat protection & soft grip handle
8. Prestige Cordless Magic Steam Iron PSI 11.0
It’s another cordless steam iron in the list with a much stronger & larger base. The bigger base ensures that it doesn’t stick to iron when you pick the iron up which generally happens with a lighter base.
Along with the cordless usage, it has Non stick coated plate, steam burst, & spray mood. Adjustable thermostat controller is given on the iron to select the accurate heating temperature that needed.
- 1200 watts power operations
- Non-stick coated soleplate
- Steam burst & water spray functions
9. Crompton Greaves ACGSI-Aristo 1200-Watt Steam Iron
The Crompton Greaves steam iron is one of the lightest weight models with only 848 grams of weight. Due to that, one doesn’t stressed out while ironing clothes in bulk. The blue and white color combination adds a sense of coolness in the atmosphere.
It has a manual clean option using which one can clean the water storage & others removing scale build up. The 360-degree swivel cord gives the freedom to use it in any direction with free rotation.
- Nonstick coated soleplate for smooth gliding over clothes
- Steam burst & water spray facility
- Variable temperature control and a 360º swivel cord
10. Bajaj Majesty MX 3 1250-Watt Steam Iron
This 1250 watt steam iron from Bajaj is one of the best budget options with the lowest price in the list. It comes with nonstick coated base plate and a 150ml water tank that will be used for steam or water spray functions.
The steam hole is given along the edges of soleplate would be better if also given in the center part of it for more uniform steam distribution.
- It can give up to 12 grams of steam output per minute and have 150 ml translucent water tank
- Nonstick coated smooth soleplate
- Verticle ironing feature to be used on hanging clothes
Final Words – The Summary
If we sum up all the factors, the conclusion is that the best steam iron should have ceramic or non-stick coated soleplate, more wattage required for more power & instant heat up. It should have a sufficient number of variable temperature & steam control option with the addition of steam boost & mist spray functions.
To ensure the longer & durable service life, it must have to be equipped with anti-scale, anti-calc, self-cleaning properties. Safety features like auto off or overheat protections are must to have in the ideal iron box.