When it comes to healthy and quick breakfast options, the sandwich is the first word that comes in mind. Isn’t it? Yeah! Just because it has a versatile range of customized filling, which allows the user to shape it according to their taste & health preferences.
Perhaps, choosing the best sandwich makers in India isn’t as easy as it looks. Cause it is one of the oldest kitchen tools and has a vast range of models available in the market. Don’t worry; we’re here to help regarding this with our ultimate buying guide and products list.
How does it work?
The sandwich maker is a closed structure where heating elements and plates are used to press & heat the bread slices with fillings, which results in making the sandwich. Both actions work simultaneously to give us the real taste of a bread sandwich.
The shape could vary according to the models, where classic sandwich makers can make four sandwiches at a time with a triangular shape. It cuts down the two bread slices diagonally, where the filling remains within it.
On the other hand, the Panini press doesn’t cut down the bread slices to any particular shape and grill them as it is. It has more versatile usage as it can fulfill toasting purposes too, which includes making burgers, paw, vada, etc.
Best Sandwich Maker – The Comparison Points
The sandwich makers may contain aluminum, nonstick, or cast iron plates which are connected to the heating elements. Among these, the Nonstick surface is recommended for its known advantages over others.
It prevents the sticking of the food to the plate surface while allowing the user to make a sandwich with the use of much less amount of oil or ghee.
The noticeable thing here is that many cheap nonstick surfaces contain toxic particles that react with food and make them harmful to human health. So, make sure the plate material has food-grade & Non-toxic coating.
Either two or four, the maximum number of sandwiches that can be made in one turn can vary and totally depends on the sandwich machine structure. However, one should choose the model according to their family size or needs.
If you’re alone in the family or don’t need more than two sandwiches at a time, than buying a higher capacity model results in wastage of energy, it’s because a bigger heating plate requires more energy to attain a particular temperature as compared to a smaller plate.
The power is something that defines the processing time & electric consumption broadly. The higher power means the quick processing speed, but it tends to consume more electricity. So, choosing a moderate power or wattage capacity would work best to balance both conditions.
After considering these three and lots of other factors, we have shortlisted the best sandwich makers that one should think for themself and save their valuable time making an in-depth comparison.
10 Best Sandwich Makers in India
1. Borosil Super Jumbo Grill Sandwich Maker
It’s a jumbo size sandwich maker where users can prepare four sandwiches at a time. The 2000 watts of power give speedy results, whereas the oil collector and easy to clean surface ensure the fast cleaning of the appliance.
The heating surface has a nonstick coating to prevent sticking of food and deep ribs to get more crispy sandwiches. It has a temperature control knob to get precise control over food texture and crispiness.
Overall it’s the best grill sandwich maker with some advanced features, excellent build quality, and quick processing. The functions are explained briefly in the next section.
- It has an oil collector which removes the excess oil extracted from the food
- 2000 watt robust operation with a big heating plate that can serve four sandwiches at a time
- Temperature control knob and Nonstick coated plate
- It has a thermal fuse for safety and power indicators
2. V-Guard Grillking Plus Multipurpose Grill Sandwich Maker
V-Guard is another multipurpose sandwich maker in the list which can be used to make a range of grilled items, i.e., grilled fish, grilled veggies, burgers, etc. It’s made of a food-grade dual-coated nonstick surface to give the most excellent food possible without harming its original contents.
The floating hinge allows it to adjust with the sandwich size to make perfect horizontal sandwiches even if the thickness rises than usual. Apart from that, it also has an oil collecting cup, temperature control knob, and indicators that tell when the power is on or when it is ready to use.
- 1500 watt power and temperature control knob
- Food grade dual nonstick coating
- Floating hinge and 180 degrees flat grill
- Easy to clean and store
3. Philips HD 2393 820-Watt Sandwich Maker
Philips is one of the best brands that always provide quality hardware with reliable performance. The Philips sandwich maker (HD2393) is no doubt the best conventional sandwich maker, which makes triangular shape four sandwiches at a time.
It has a perfectly designed cut & seal plate that perfectly seals the sandwich ingredients inside it. The 820-watt power looks less as compared to the above models, but it’s perfect for this size sandwich maker.
Considering the overall body, it has cool handles, verticle storage, indicators, easy lock system, on/off buttons, rubber feet, and cord manager. Such a combination of features makes it perfect for standard home usage.
- The high temperature for a perfectly toasted sandwich
- Easy push-down locking and usage system
- Nonstick surface to make cooking and cleaning easier
4. Prestige PGMFD 01 700 Watt Grill Sandwich Toaster
It is one of the bestselling sandwich makers in India because of the specific feature combinations and affordable price with prestige reliability. The new design has quite an ample space to put bread slices, and the outer body finish has improved.
It’s made of durable die-cast aluminum grill plates with german technology nonstick coating to give oil-free toasts. Such conventional sandwich makers don’t come with a temperature control system; instead, they use standard temperature for cooking sandwiches.
- High-quality bakelite body with superior heat resistant property and matt finish
- The nonstick heating plate is made up of durable die-cast aluminum
- 700 watts power and indicators to show when it’s ready to cook
5. Morphy Richards SM3006 750-Watt Sandwich Maker
Morphy Richards sandwich maker has one of the unique designs in the form of a curved shape and dual color combination. It has a ready to cook and power on neon, whereas the plate surface is nonstick coated and has traditional triangular toast design.
The oil drip functionality prevents excess oil from dripping to the bottom and prevents excess fat from the food. Additionally, it also has cord storage and a cool-touch body that makes it a complete package.
- It operates on 750 watts power
- Oil drip function to prevents dripping of oil
- Power on and ready to use indicators
6. Russell Hobbs Non-stick Crispy Grill Sandwich Toaster
It’s another good alternative to famous sandwich makers and gives a fierce competition to them. The sandwich toaster uses nonstick plates that consume less oil to cook food and a healthier way to make breakfast.
It’s a grill type sandwich maker, so the edges of the bread are not sealed like traditional sandwich makers. The compact design and cord winder make it easy to store anywhere in the kitchen.
- 750-watt power operations
- It has cool to touch body and skid resistant feet
- Thermostatically controlled indicators to give real temp feedback and makes it easy to use
7. Bajaj Majesty New SWX 3 Sandwich Maker
Bajaj sandwich maker has one of the most beautiful designs ever in traditional toasters. The pure white color and modern shape add the volume to the whole looks. Indicators are given at the center to display the power on and ready to use functions.
The upright storage structure and cord winder make it easy to storable on the kitchen shelves. Perhaps it has another model SWX400 too, which makes grill style sandwiches, so one can choose according to their needs as the bajaj have both options.
- Non-stick coated plates for easy cooking & cleaning
- It has base support for better stability of the device
- Cool touchable body, upright storage, & cord winder
8. Amazon Brand – Solimo Non-Stick Sandwich Maker
The Amazon brand Solimo has one of the best affordable sandwich makers that use Nonstick technology to prevent sticking of food and cooks with minimal oil usage. The heating plates have a size of 18.4 cm X 9.3 cm, which is enough to make standard sized toasts.
The compact design with a 1.2-meter long cord makes it easily usable, whereas the verticle storage & cord winder helps to store it well.
- Double Teflon nonstick coating for better durability and longevity
- It has a power rating of 750 watt
- Power on and heating indicators
9. Nova NSG 2439 700 Watt Panini Grill Sandwich Maker
Nova 2439 is a panini type grill sandwich maker with a hinged lock for sealing. The double Teflon coated nonstick plates of dimension 23 cm’s length / 14.6 cm’s width is used to make sandwiches and grills.
This type of sandwich machine has the option to accommodate size according to the thickness of the sandwich to cook evenly. It is one of the cheapest models of its kind and an excellent choice for budget buyers who are looking for a sandwich toaster under 15k.
- 700-watt power and fixed grill plates
- Nonstick heating plates made with Double Teflon coating
- The Red indicator shows power on, and Green Indicator turns off automatically once grilling plates are heated
10. Pigeon Egnite Plus Sandwich Toaster
It is another affordable option under 1k that comes with nonstick heating plates that are deeper and bigger to make correctly sealed toast sandwiches. Perhaps there’s only one indicator to show the power light, and we think a second indicator would make it easier to use.
- 750 watts power and 220-240 volts operation
- Nonstick plates for easy cleaning and even cooking
- Only one power indicator
Final Words – The Conclusion
One can summarise the whole content and conclude that the best sandwich maker in India should have at least nonstick food-grade heating plates, ready to use indicators, and auto shut off for safety. The premium range sandwich toasters also have a temperature control knob to get precise cooking results by setting up the right temperature according to the taste.
Here we have covered various types of sandwich makers, panini makers, sandwich toasters, etc. Perhaps you can also read pop up toasters guide in the other post where we have covered all about it.