The whole year everyone said, “winter is coming” (not only GOT fan though), but now finally, winters are here, and a room heater is must required to protect yourself from this extreme cold.
To start the best room heater research, one should know about the types & technologies of it. The room heater basically heats the air inside the room to raise the temperature but the performance is subjected to the room area.
The same wattage heater works more effectively in smaller rooms as compared to the larger ones. So, the calculation of coverage becomes necessary before buying space heaters.
Depending upon the way of heating, the space heaters can be broadly divided into two convection heaters & Radiant heaters. Convection heaters are the ones that use any fluid medium, i.e. air to heat the objects.
Ceramic fan heaters are the most common example of convection heaters. The hot air is circulated through the room with the help of a fan and a heating element.
On the other hand, oil-filled heaters contain fins filled with oil which is heated with the help of electric resistors. The diathermic oil serves as a heat reservoir and heats up the air around it. These heaters are expensive but more suited for large rooms and silent operations.
The infrared radiation is used to heat the objects around the radiant heater. The infrared energy travels in the form of electromagnetic waves that get absorbed by the objects in their path, which results in increased temperature of the object.
Such heaters can only be used for spot heating to heat up the surroundings. They are a good option for large auditoriums, where heating up the whole space isn’t required. It doesn’t have any heat loss while traveling through air and the heat energy is entirely absorbed by the cloth, skin, or other nearby objects.
Points of Comparison – Best Room Heater
Irrespective of what type of heater you’ll prefer, there are many standard features that one should expect in their desired heater. Here we have listed such features to compare various room heater brands or models.
It’s a function that lets the user change heating levels or temperature of the space heater. It should be precise enough to get the desired comfort of warmness in the room. Along with that, also look for the separate fan speed setting to maintain the right airflow in the room with fan heaters.
An ideal room heater should be equipped with standard safety protection against overheating or other failures. If the element temperature rises higher than it needs to be, than the internal sensors will automatically turn off the heater to protect any further damage.
Some advanced heaters also protect against accidental falls or tip over by cutting the power to prevent significant hazards. Along with these, a cool to touch body is a must to keep children or pets safe.
The best room heater is designed in such a way to make it easy to handle, operate, and move around different areas of the house. To fulfill this objective, some heaters equipped with wheels to make it easy to move.
Also, check for the cord length as the shorter cord length may cause inconvenience while setting it up at some places because the power point might be at some distance.
Hence, these are some key factors that one should consider while comparing various space heaters online. To ease this task, we have handpicked the top-rated space heaters of each category.
10 Best Room Heaters in India
1. Havells OFR – 11Fin PTC Fan Heater 2900-Watt
Havells oil-filled heaters are currently the best in the market with its feature pack designs. This OFR has 11 fins that contain oil within it; the high number of fins simply means more exposure with the air and better heating rate.
To quickly heat the room, it has a PTC fan that circulates the hot air within the room and increases airflow so that the ones who are away from the heater can also feel the heat.
The best part about this heater is that it has three power settings, which are crucial in saving electric energy. In each power setting, it runs on different wattage where the lower settings can be used to save electricity and higher settings for faster heating.
- Thermostatic heat control to regulate the heat and three power settings (1000/1500/2500)
- Equipped with safety features like Overheating protection and tilt over switch
- The “cool to touch” body and castor wheels makes the handling or mobility as easy as possible
2. Bajaj Majesty Room Heater 11F Plus
Bajaj is one of the most reputed brands in the heater category, and many of us using bajaj heaters for decades and seeing it since childhood. Now they come up with an oil-filled radiator with precise thermostat control and noiseless operations. A dial is given on the panel to adjust the heating levels easily and a switch to turn the fan on or off.
The 11 fin heater with 2500 watt power is suitable for standard room sizes and give quick & convenient heating. Durable body made from CRCA material for better toughness and usability.
- Adjustable thermostat and three heat settings (1000 W/ 1500 W/ 2500 W)
- 400 watt PTC ceramic fan heater for better efficiency
- It has auto thermal shutoff to safeguard against overheating, and a safety tilt switch to avoid improper installation
3. Usha 3809 F 2000-Watt Oil Filled Radiator
The Usha 3809 room heater has powder-coated fins for rust protection and a 500-watt fan for faster heating or better air circulation. It has a unique thermostat dial to adjust the heating temperature up to six levels for comfort.
If one is not satisfied with the models mentioned earlier then it’s an excellent alternative to choose. Perhaps it’s 2000 watt power is limited, but it’s best suited for small to medium rooms.
- Three heating positions 2000W, 1200W, and 800W
- It has Recess handle and castor wheels for easy portability and convenience while handling
- In-build tip-over switch for safety
4. Bajaj Majesty RX11 Heat Convector Room Heater
The Bajaj heat convector is the best portable heater with 2000 watts power and lightweight design. It’s a kind of fan heater where a fan is used to blow air through the heating element to convert it into hot air and spread all over the room.
The heater can also be used as a personal fan during summers by turning off the heating and running it in a cool mood. The grill and outer body remain cool and safe to touch for everyone.
- 2000 watts power heater
- Equipped with features like a thermostat, an auto thermal shutoff, and a thermal fuse for ultimate safety
- Dual control for various heat & power settings
5. Orpat OEH-1220 2000-Watt Fan Heater
Orpat room heater OEH 1220 is the bestseller fan heater in the market cause of its simple, compact, and lightweight design. It’s a kind of heater that can give a warm cozy feeling anytime one just have to plug and turn it on. One can also enjoy its warmness by sitting around it and get the feel of a campfire at home.
Considering technicalities, it has 2000 watt max power with two power modes (1000W & 2000W) and an easy to operate dial on the upper side. The body remains cool even after using for hours, and the cord length is sufficient enough to reach nearby power points.
- Long life heating element with a safety cut-off
- Two heat or power settings
- Plastic outer body and weight only 1.01 Kg
6. Bajaj Flashy 1000 Watts Radiant Room Heater
The bajaj radiant heater made of the Nickel-Chromium Plated mesh grid for effective heating, which also increases the protection against corrosion and increases surface hardness. Overall it’s a good choice if you want to spot heat in small areas of a place.
- Stainless steel corrugated reflecting surface on the heater to transfer the heat evenly in the entire room
- 1000 watt power heater suitable for small spaces
- Safety against overheating and Nickle chrome plated mesh grid for corrosion resistance
7. Orpat OEH-1260 2000-Watt Portable Heater
This Orpat fan heater is the upgraded version of the previous model, which comes with two heat setting dials. It is best suited to be used as a spot heater for small rooms only of size up to 200 sq feet (for best results).
The color combination & design is elegant which easily matched with most of the interiors. Have a look at the key specifications below:
- Maximum 2000 watt power operations which can be reduced to 1000 watt with the dial
- Two heat setting knobs
- Cord winder and compact size for easy storage
8. Usha Halogen Heater (3303-ISI) 1200-Watt
The halogen heaters are the devices that use halogen elements (enclosed in lamps or bulbs) to produce heat. It’s best suited for small rooms where the user can take advantage of it placing nearby. The three power options make it energy-efficient to get minimal electricity consumption.
- Wide-angle oscillation function
- Three power settings 400 watts/800 watts/1200 watts
- Cool touch body and Tip-over switch for safety
9. Bajaj RHX-2 800-Watt Room Heater
It’s one of the bestseller Halogen Heaters in India with its competitive pricing and sturdy design. It has a simple design with two on/off switch for different power options.
- Two heat settings – 400 watts/800 watts
- Noiseless operation
- It has Safety tip-over switch against tilting and a Thermal Fuse
10. Amazon Brand – Solimo 2000-Watt Room Heater
The latest brand Solimo by Amazon is known for its quality products at affordable prices. It is a kind of fan heater with 2000 watts power and dual heat & power setting dials. It’s designed in this way that users can place it vertically to consume minimal space.
- Powerful 2400 RPM “copper winded” motor for quick heating
- Air throw range of 10 feet
- Lightweight design with a plastic body and rustproof metal grill