Conventionally, people think healthy food can’t taste good which is the biggest misconception of our society. Peanut butter is one such nutritious food that everyone loves to eat as it gives delicious taste while adding the necessary nutrition value to the regular diet.
If the prime motive is attaining better health then one should only consider the organic peanut butter that doesn’t contain any additional salt, sugar, sweeteners, and Hydrogenated Oils. In addition to that, the best peanut butter must be free from gluten particles (prolamins and glutelins) as it has many negative impacts on the human body.
There are multiple ways to add it into the diet plan as one can have it with bread, toasts, oats, salad, etc. but the most popular way is adding a layer of peanut butter in the sandwich. That taste with your favorite toppings of a sandwich is unmatchable. Due to the fact that it’s highly rich in protein and has healthy nutrients that help muscle gain, the athletes or Gym lovers can also have it with their protein shake.
Type of Peanut Butter
The peanut butter is made by grounding dry roasted peanuts until it achieves buttery paste consistency. Many brands will also add sweeteners or other not-so-healthy substances during this process, so try to avoid such brands and prefer natural peanut butter made from vegan products.
Cause its made by the grounding process; the peanut butter is further divided into two major categories depending upon the smoothness of the paste.
Creamy vs Crunchy
The creamy PB has a too smooth consistency and easy to spread over the bread surface. Whereas the crunchy PB contains tiny particles of peanuts that add crunchy feel to the food. One can feel the difference when trying to take one spoon of peanut butter out of the jar; the creamy type makes a perfect scoop, but the crunchy breaks out.
The texture clearly had some differences, but it totally depends on personal choice as everyone has there own preferences of taste. In northern America, around 49 percent of people prefer the smooth version of peanut butter, and only 29 percent are in support of crunchy texture.
The Final Take
The health fact is that the crunchy peanut butter has considerably less saturated fat and gives 2% more fiber intake to the user. Perhaps, the Creamy peanut butter has a better concentration of vitamin E and a little edge over protein.
Whether creamy or crunchy, we leave it upon you as they both have good demand and healthy in their own way. We considered both as equally beneficial and listed down the top 10 peanut butter brands that are highly rated in Indian society.
10 Best Peanut Butter in India
1. Pintola All Natural Peanut Butter
Pintola peanut butter is our best pick in this list. It’s a completely natural and vegetarian product made from 100% roasted peanuts. It’s a great source of protein and fiber to promote a healthy lifestyle. The perfectly smooth & creamy texture takes the taste to another level. Perhaps, they have a crunchy variant also that add up little crunchiness over smooth texture cause of tiny particles.
Both come in ready to eat state and free from any sweeteners or gluten ingredients. One can use it anywhere as a natural peanut butter cause it doesn’t contain any additional flavors.
- Purely roasted peanuts used
- Unsweetened, Non-GMO, Gluten-Free
- Excellent source of protein & fiber
- Easy storable & safe at room temperature
2. Alpino Natural Peanut Butter Crunch
Alpino is one of the most successful startup brands that focussed on the healthy & tasty eating life of Indians. The one serving of 32g in it contains 10g of protein and 15g of healthy fats that aids better health of the user.
Cause its a natural PB, which makes it free from the addition of salts, sugar, or sweeteners. The users may face the oil separation after some time, but it’s completely natural as peanuts contain oil naturally within them, and it is a stabilizer free product.
- The crunchy texture that tastes like a jar of real roasted peanuts
- Made from 100% natural ingrediants no added sugar, no stabilizers, no hydrogenated oils, and no Cholesterol
- Roasted peanuts are used in the process
3. MYFITNESS Chocolate Peanut Butter
Myfitness chocolate flavor peanut butter is one of the bestselling and the most trendy ones in India. Cause of its delicious chocolaty taste and PB benefits, people can’t stop loving the combination.
However, cause it’s a made-up American recipe it contains salt, sugar, chocolate to enhance the overall taste. The MYFitness has both natural and chocolate versions of the peanut butter and users can prefer anyone as per their needs. The natural one is more healthy but the chocolaty one is not bad either as it contains more nutrients than other regular foods.
- Grounded Roasted Peanuts with the deliciousness of chocolate
- High in protein & low in carbs
- Premium chocolate used
4. JUS’ AMAZIN Organic Peanut Butter All Natural
The Jus Amazin has the most premium & organic peanut butter that uses 100% certified organic peanuts in the process. The organic peanuts are completely safe to consume as no pesticides, or harmful chemicals are used while growing crops, which is the main reason why organic products are a bit costlier.
It contains protein as primary nutrients and Micro Nutrients like Iron, Calcium, and Folic Acid in each serving of it. The overall taste & texture is good that makes it suitable to use in various dishes.
- Unsweetened natural peanut butter made from organic peanuts
- Trans fat-free, soy-free, gluten-free, dairy-free
- Build strong muscles and keeps fuller for longer
- Comes in Glass container
5. Asitis Nutrition AS-IT-IS Peanut Butter Creamy
Another popular brand on Amazon India with 4+ ratings and positive customer reviews. It has considerably less oil separation as compared to others, but the taste is something like natural.
The richness in Arginine helps to decrease body fat while improving muscle building. One can also have it with protein shakes or by spreading it over the protein bar to increase the protein intake in the breakfast while replacing the regular meal.
- Contains 8g of protein in two spoons of serving
- Also, have 6.3g Carbohydrates 9.6g Protein 3g Dietary Fiber
- Quick energy booster as its ready to eat food
- Comes in plastic packaging
6. Bagrry’s Natural Peanut Butter
The Bagrry’s Peanut butter comes in nice & compact packaging. The butter inside is made from purely roasted peanuts of the finest quality possible. The good thing about Bagrry is they have many size options for the buyers ranging from 340 g to 1020g.
From the health perspective, it’s a completely nutritious cause of Unsweetened & Zero Added Hydrogenated Oils. Apart from the essential nutrients, protein, fiber It also has the delicious taste that everyone needs in breakfast.
- The crunchy texture of the butter seems perfect
- Zero added oil, no added sugar, gluten-free, and vegan product
- Can be used as topping over Cereals, Smoothies, Shakes
7. Sundrop Peanut Butter
Sundrop is another one of the bestselling peanut butter that comes in 924g of packaging. This completely vegetarian product made from roasted peanuts and contains a good amount of dietary fiber.
- Regular peanut butter in a crunchy texture
- Used roasted peanuts (90% by weight)
- It has zero cholesterol and zero trans-fats
- Each serving contains around 25% protein
8. LeanBeing Natural Peanut Butter
The LeanBeing is the latest brand in the PB market with all new packaging and tastes. They only use high-oleic peanuts that are rich in protein and contain only unsaturated fat, which is considered good for health.
No palm oil is used in the manufacturing process as it may affect the natural benefits or purity of the peanut butter. Have a look at its other key specifications below.
- 100% roasted peanuts used
- No additional salt, sugar, additives or oil
- Gluten-Free, No-GMO product
9. The Butternut Co. Peanut Butter
Butternut Co. is a well-known brand and popular for its almonds butter products. Completely vegan peanut butter that is free from Added Sugar, dairy or gluten ingredients. The packaging is simple and easy to use, but the quality can be improved.
- Crunchy peanut butter
- Good range of size variants
- Supports Cardiovascular and Brain Health
10. Nouriza Peanut Butter
The Nouriza peanut butter comes in two flavor option crunchy and creamy as the user have the option to choose according to their preferences. It contains 30g of protein in 100g of serving which can help to build strong muscles without eating any chemical-based products.
- 100% organic roasted peanuts
- Rich proteins, vitamin E, and dietary fiber
- Essential fatty acids help prevent the increase LDL
Peanut Butter Buying Guide
You may have seen many technical terms in the product details but can’t understand what it means to the user. Don’t worry here we’ve listed down all such details that are necessary for any buyer to understand before purchasing the peanut butter.
Additionally knowing the product itself helps the user to use it in a better way. Cause combining it with other food products may help alternate or enhance its benefits as per user body needs.
Gluten is a group of proteins that occur with starch in the endosperm of various cereal grains. In simple terms, its a type of protein that generally founds in wheat, rye, barley, and triticale. It acts like a glue to hold the food particles together.
Gluten-free peanut butter is adopted by the industry widely cause of multiple reasons. Celiac disease is one of them as it triggers an immune response that damages the lining of their GI tract that can affect the absorption of nutrients and lead to other problems.
Benefits of Peanut Butter
Although peanut butter is a prevalent nutritious food, still, many people are unaware of all the benefits of it. It’s a rich source of protein and B Vitamins that fulfills the nutritious needs of a person in a certain way. It also contains healthy fats monounsaturated and polyunsaturated that are good for heart health.
- It helps to manage weight as one full serving of it contains a great combination of protein & fiber, which leads to surpass hunger and give more nutrition within the same amount of food.
- Good source of protein for muscle gainers or gym lovers. As one can have it anytime during the day or after workout cause licking the tasty peanut butter out of the jar doesn’t require any processing time.
- The peanut butter has healthy fat, potassium, & protein that lowers the risk of high blood pressure, stroke, and heart disease.
- The iron, magnesium, and potassium lead to improve the blood circulation in the body.
- It acts as a quick energy booster to your body cause of the high levels of protein and healthy fats that provide a sufficient amount of calories.
How to make most out of it?
Either spread it over bread slices or mix it up with oats, there are multiple ways to eat peanut butter. The most common was to make a sandwich with a layer of peanut butter over it and customized healthy veggies stuffed within it.
It can be frozen in small rounded shapes and eaten with Nutella, or one can make the smoothie with it to give a unique touch to a daily peanut butter diet. The PB cookies are another way to enjoy benefits of it, whether bake it or spread oats over it; they taste delicious.
Peanut butter paste is one of the best and budget-friendly food option that can be added in daily diet routine to gain its nutrients. Perhaps, if someone has a higher budget, they can also try the Almond butter once as its also a great source of protein, fiber, calcium, & vitamin E.
Wrapping it Up
So, we have compared the various types of peanut butter brands and top-rated products that are highly in demand. The detailed buying guide for peanut butter helped us to understand the things that should be considered while buying it along with the benefits of it.
In short, we can say that the best peanut butter should not contain additional salt, sugar, preservatives, sweeteners, and Hydrogenated oils to serve its benefits in a natural or organic way. However, if we missed something important in this guide, please let us know using the comments section. Enjoy the healthy life ahead!