The trend of having a microwave in the Indian kitchen & making a delicious recipe using it is on hype. But do you have the necessary knowledge about its infrastructure, to begin with?
As it’s entirely new appliances for the users, they’re not used to it & it’s functions. So, here we will provide a comprehensive guide to buy the best microwave oven in India.
Cooking in the microwave helps to reduce the amount of oil in your food, as it is capable of cooking in much lesser oil than other traditional methods. Hence, one doesn’t have to compromise with health.
Not only that, but the microwave oven also gives you the freedom to cook a range of dishes that can’t be possible with just a gas stove. The one misconception that people generally have is that it’s only used to cook the cake, pizza, or non-veg dishes, but that obviously not right. Even there are hundreds of veg recipes that can be cook using that and most microwave brands provide the free recipe book with it.
Many Microwave oven brands provide the three base mood of cooking which is microwave, convection, grill and combination of them such as microwave + Grill, microwave + convection, etc. which one can directly use from the button panel on the device.
Points to Consider While Buying Convection Microwave Oven
The best microwave model is not the one which has all set of features, huge capacity, & all. Instead, it is the one which fulfills your needs/demands at a budget-friendly price. At the same time if you’ve never used it before you’re not much aware of what your needs are going to be with it such as the type of moods & capacity.
So, here we have written down some key factors that one should consider before selecting any convection oven model.
Type of Microwave Oven
Apart from the cooking techniques used there are another set of convection ovens/microwaves that can be categorized based on their outer structure and placement area. Countertop, above the range, under cabinet, under the counter, & built-in microwaves are some of the options that were used globally.
In India, the countertop microwaves are primarily used, and you’ll rarely get the various option on other types, but still, it’s your choice of deciding which one suits your kitchen perfectly.
Size & Capacity
All microwave models are labeled with their internal volume/capacity in liters, just like you’ve seen in the refrigerators. The size selection depends on the number of family members and the amount of maximum food you’re supposed to cook at a time.
For an average Indian family, 20-30 liter microwave is perfect size considering 4-5 members in the family. But, we always recommend choosing the bigger size as you might be using the same in small get-to-gathers at home.
Unless you have limited usage, you should select the higher capacity as the small inner dimensions of microwave might restrict the usage of big containers or multiple grills.
Auto Cook Menu
Auto cook menu is the preset temperature & time setting to cook a specific item, all you need to do is select the recipe & weight, and the microwave will do the rest of the work for you. It helps the beginner level user to make everyday dishes with just click of a button easily.
Always check the number of preset recipes that a microwave supports and how many of them you’re likely to use the most.
Brand & Budget
Brand plays a vital role in comparison cause nobody wants to get fooled by good looking features but poor build quality, functionality, & after sale service. Therefore we recommend & preferred to with best microwave oven brands like IFB, LG, Samsung, etc.
On budget point, we will say make it at least 10k to 13k if you’re looking for decent microwave with which you can do experimentation with your cooking skills to create a wide range of dishes. If you’re looking for a solo/basic microwave, then 4-5k budget might be enough.
Some models come in additional features such as child lock functionality, deodorizer, easy cleaning that might be useful for you. Also pay attention to whether it is made of a physical button, touch panel, or feather touch button. Feather touch buttons are most suitable and widely accepted by the industry as it is more secure than the touch panel and gives better looks than physical buttons.
The comparison task is not going to be easy because there are tons of models available in the market and one cannot compare them alone. So, here we have shortlisted some of the best picks created by us, hope it will help you through the comparison process.
Best Microwave Ovens in India
1. Godrej 28 L Inverter Convection Microwave Oven (GME 528 CIP1 QM)
Godrej convection microwave comes with inverter technology to save power and prepare food by 15% less time. Not only that it will also improve the defrosting time of the food. It has uniform cooking technology by eight direction system that cooks the food evenly from all directions.
The Godrej inverter microwave oven has 355 insta-cook menus inbuilt to make the dishes on the go. It includes all famous Indian & International dishes which one might want to have — designed in such a way to improve the elegance of your kitchen and fits perfectly in every modular kitchen theme.
These are some set of features that makes it one of the best choice of convection ovens. Have a look at some of the critical functions of it listed below:
- 28-liter capacity which seems perfect for an average Indian family
- Oil-free cooking capability gives you the freedom to have your favorite food as much as you want cause it is healthier than traditional fried foods.
- Stainless steel cavity & steam cleaning features always ensures that you’ll never compromise with the hygiene.
- 355 Auto Cook Menu including both veg & non-veg recipes
2. IFB 23BC4 Convection Microwave Oven (23L)
IFB is one of the well-known brands in the industry, and it has many bestselling microwaves among various capacity range. Choosing one from them is a headache for us because all of them has intelligently designed. Some of them which we’ve compared are 20BC4, 30BRC2, & 25SC4 and you should also consider them if it’s matching your size requirement or the following model isn’t available in stock.
The IFB 23BC4 is a convection microwave oven which supports baking along with grilling, reheating, defrosting and has combinations of Grill + Microwave and Convection + Microwave which can be used to make a specific type of dishes.
Features such as sensor malfunction protection, overheating protection and child lock ensure the safety of the device. The control panel includes membrane touch keypad and a LED display screen.
- Disinfectant functions give germ-free utensils and help in sterilize baby bottles
- Express Cooking, Multi-stage cooking, & combi-tech technology ensure you’ll never suffer while making your favorite dishes
- 71 auto cook menu includes making the recipe on the go
- Keep warm is one of the most useful functions that keeps the food warm in case you’re getting late for dinner
3. LG MC2886BRUM Convection Microwave Oven (28 L)
This all in one microwave is designed in such a way to cook food at much lesser oil with its diet fry technology. It lets you make 12 different types of Rotis including Laccha paratha, tandoori roti, Missi roti, etc. with a click of a button.
If your family has small babies, then pasteurize milk feature might be useful for you as it lets you get rid of the boiling process of milk. Using this feature, you can remove bacterias in milk without removing its nutrition.
The floral pattern looks beautiful, but the physical keys give a bit odd feeling might be great if it would be feather touch keys.
- Convection mood for baking along with grilling, reheating, defrosting and cooking
- Easily make ghee, paneer/curd, and 251 other dishes with its auto cook menu
- Keep warm, Pasteurized Milk, and diet fry features
- One year on product and five years on Magnetron
4. Samsung MC28M6035CK/TL Convection Microwave Oven (28 L)
Samsung microwave oven has open blackish looks that give perfect fusion with your kitchen interior. Smooth & scratch free surface can be cleaned easily with any fabric though it doesn’t have any steam cleaning option.
The Hotblast technology is used to cook food at much less time using hot blown air through multiple holes to make food item cook evenly & crispy at the same time.
The ECO Mode significantly reduces energy consumption with the industry’s lowest standby power supply. It’s a basic model which doesn’t have auto cook menus or advanced features such as child lock, auto clean, etc. which is the biggest drawback of this model.
- The Hotblast faster & healthier cooking technology
- Countertop type of Microwave
- 1 Year Complete + 4 Years additional warranty on Magnetron
5. Godrej GMX 519 CP1 Convection Microwave Oven (19 L)
It’s another convection microwave model by Godrej in smaller size/capacity. The good thing about it was that it is not so heavy on your pocket and available at a much lesser cost than other ovens of its kind.
The only adjustment you have to make is with its capacity if you have a small family of 2-3 members or doesn’t have higher usage you can go with it. Apart from that, it has 125 Instacook menus, beautiful exterior with floral design, and auto cooling to cool the inner body after cooking completed.
- Convection mood for baking along with grilling, reheating, defrosting and cooking
- Tactile buttons to set the temperature/timer and Jog Dials that are simple to use with a long life
- Child lock feature to prevent any misuse of it by kids
6. Morphy Richards 23MCG Convection Microwave Oven (23 L)
Morphy Richards one of the premium brands when it comes to kitchenware. It comes with a full feature pack microwave that lets you show your creativity in the kitchen. It has a total capacity of 23 liters which is enough for small to medium family and moderate usage.
The touch panel on the right is beautifully designed to consume minimal space. There are five power levels to choose from as per your cooking needs & temperature requirements.
The auto cook menu has only ten recipes included which is a little disappointing, but you can check all of them on the official website to be sure if they cover your favorite ones.
- Overheat and sensory protection in place to avoid over-cooking
- Cooking completion alarm to keep track of the cooking process
- Stainless steel cavity assures even circulation of heat
7. IFB 25BCSDD1 Convection Microwave Oven (25 L)
IFB 25BCSDD1 is the only under counter microwave in the list which gives your kitchen a modern look. The limitations with this kind of microwave are that your kitchen must have customized space in the cabinets to place it perfectly.
It has glossy looks with 25 Liter capacity and convection, reheating, grilling, defrosting moods. Considering “auto cook” it has 71 dishes that can be cooked with the click of a button.
- Select the apt Heater mode – H1 (Grill) or H2 (Convection) at high power levels
- Fermentation, Disinfect, Auto Reheat, Combination Cooking Power Grill & Combi Tech, Multi-Stage Cooking
- Steam clean, keep warm, and child lock included
8. IFB 17PM MEC 1 Solo Microwave Oven (17 L)
In the solo microwave oven range, IFB is way ahead than others. It is the bestseller microwave for a long time as it satisfies most of the user’s basic need for reheating food.
It’s not an advanced model, but it can satisfy the basic need of the user. It has two jog dial included on the control panel at right side for power and time setting.
If you are looking to buy a solo microwave than you should consider it at primary level. Here we have listed some of its key features below:
- 17-liter capacity
- Can be used for reheating, defrosting and cooking
- Three auto cook menu options and five power levels
9. Bajaj 2005 ETB Grill Microwave Oven (20 L)
It’s the only grill oven in this list with a 20-liter capacity. If you don’t know the difference between grill & solo, let me clear this first. The grill microwave is capable of grilling along with reheating, defrosting and cooking whereas the solo microwave doesn’t support that.
The physical button panel is given on the right side to control the power levels, time, and cooking moods. It consists of a total of five power levels to suits different recipe settings.
- Use for grilling along with reheating, defrosting and cooking
- Nine built-in auto cook menu & 5 power levels
- Child safety lock, electronic controls, cooking complete alarm, and a 60-minute digital timer for easy monitoring of your cooking process
10. Whirlpool 25 L Convection Microwave Oven
It’s another convection oven in the list with 25-liter capacity and zero oil cooking technology. The touch buttons and the display screen is not designed so well, and it degrades its whole look otherwise it might achieve a better rank.
- 150 Auto Cook Menus Choose from a wide variety of Indian menus
- Accessories: Rotisserie for Tandoor Cooking, Grill Rack
- Zero Oil Cooking: Enjoy tasty and healthy food without a drop of oil
Final Words – Wrapping it up
The conclusion comes here is that there are three types of microwave ovens solo, grill, convection and Convection is the most powerful one to do complete kinds of stuff with it. Hence! We have listed many best convection microwave ovens here which you can consider buying.
We explained most of the functions to make you understand better. For beginners a good number of the auto cook menu makes there usage easy; apart from that auto cleaning, child lock, deodorizer, multi-stage cooking, defrosting are some function that one should consider.
Still having trouble? Just ask your queries below, and we will help you up to our levels.