After working for hours, everyone deserves a comfortable sleep at night, but that can’t be possible without the right mattress at home. But what defines a good mattress? It’s the one which provides sound sleep and gives proper rest to the body which they need.
Even researchers say that a minimum of eight hours of sleep is a must for an adult to adopt a healthy lifestyle. It gives proper recovery time to muscle cells and helps improving body functions. The best mattress in India can help to achieve that goal by providing comforting sleep at night.
Healthy sleep can help your body better regulate blood sugar levels, keep your immune system functioning properly, and even improve your heart health by decreasing stress.
There are many things to look for in a bed mattress such as size, thickness, mattress type & its benefit. Only after knowing all the facts, one can decide which mattress will work best for themselves. Hence we suggest reading the mattress buying guide at the end of this article to get detailed knowledge of it.
10 Best Mattress in India
1. Wakefit Orthopedic Memory Foam Mattress
Technically, Wakefit orthopedic mattress is the best mattress in India without any doubt. They found the perfect combination of foams as it contains high-density foam as a base, which has approx 50% of the total height of the mattress, Memory foam, transition layer, and cool foam above that.
The transition layer is made from a combination of memory foam and high resilience foam to add an extra bouncy experience. On top of all these layers, there is a cushiony type soft surface layer to provide extra comfort while sleeping.
Wakefit is a premium mattress brand that provides durable & long-lasting premium quality mattresses with 20 years of manufacturer warranty. The cool foam on the top works best to maintain the optimum temperature throughout the night.
Giving excellent back support it also adjusted to the body shape quickly and provided minimum resistance. Hence, the user can sleep stress-free and make the night peaceful.
- Helpful in a sore neck, lower back or other problem areas by restful, pain-free sleep
- Alleviate stress and pressure points across your entire body
- Made from premium quality memory foam, high density & resilience foam
- The 20 years warranty ensures its durability & long-lasting capabilities
2. SleepyCat – Orthopedic Gel Memory Foam Mattress
SleepyCat, one of the best & rapidly growing mattress brand now comes in India with its tried and tested mattresses. The unique thing about sleepy cat mattresses is that the buyer will get 30 days trial to use & test it thoroughly, but I don’t think anyone will feel such discomfort with any mattress that they will return it.
It has high-density foam at the base, which is layered by gel memory foam. A premium zipper cover is also there for easy cleaning in the future, but the pillow top is not provided, which would add a luxurious touch to the overall experience.
- The theraputic layer (gel memory foam) distribute the body weight evenly and help to reduce the heat generated
- It has a specialized inner netted cover which keeps the foam inside while providing unique airflow throughout your mattress
- It has zero partner disturbance which allows each one to sleep comfortably even if one decides to change sleeping position, it doesn’t have any motion transfer, and the other partner can sleep undisturbed
- The 10-year warranty given by the manufacturer
3. Sleepyhead 3 Layered Medium Firm Memory Foam Mattress
Sleepyhead mattress is another premium mattress in the list, which is made from the combination of support foam, responsive memory foam, and comfort foam. The washable outer cover consists of breathable fabric at the top to allow the proper circulation of air.
It has highly supportive but also provides superior softness and bounciness in the right proportion. The mattress is available in various sizes and thicknesses so that the one can get the perfect match for their bed.
- Pressure Relieving Memory Foam used for even weight distribution
- High-Density HR Foam for Orthopedic Support
- Ten years warranty of the product
4. Dreamzee Ortho-Care Memory Foam Mattress
Dreamzee Ortho-care mattress is one of few premium mattresses that are available in luxurious 10 inches thickness. It is designed in such a way to provide dual comfort, which adds a soft feel at the top and medium-firm feel at the bottom.
One can use this mattress from both sides as per their needs & comfort, which is the unique thing about this mattress. To give a better & peaceful sleep, a cushioning layer of cool memory provided on the top, which adjusted with body shape & temperature.
- High-quality fabric with a hexagonal design for premium looks
- Available in a range of sizes; especially in maximum 10-inch thickness
- Support layer & cushioning layers for comfort
- It has only five years warranty whereas other brands are giving much better
5. Springtek Aspire Orthopaedic Memory & HR Foam Dual Comfort
Another good option to have if you’re not satisfied with the above best mattresses options. The outer looks seem quite simple with blue & white colors, and sharp edges.
It gives good support for side sleepers with its Memory foam and high resilience (HR) foam combination. One can get the real feel of sinking into the mattress, which is enjoying it with peaceful sleep. It has some complaints about toxicity and reaction with skin, so beware about all the facts.
- Both-side usable mattress with zipper cover
- HR & Memory foams used as a primary material
- Help in back pain issues as the mattress is medium-firm having memory foam as the top layer
6. Wake-Up Memory Foam Mattress
Wake-up comes up with a satisfying mattress with orthopedic support for the body structure of the people. It helps to maintain the natural S shape of the spine instead of forcing you to sleep straight like an old coir mattress.
It has various size options with a range of thickness from 5 inches to 8 inches. One can choose as per their needs or required if you’re not sure about the size you can check the mattress buying guide given after the products list.
- Memory foam and High-Density Support Foam
- Senses and shapes itself to individual body counters
- Anti-skid fabric for the stability of mattress on floor or bed
7. Urban Ladder Dreamlite Bonnel Spring Queen Size Mattress
Urban Ladder is one of the most popular & fastest growing interior furniture brands. The quality of the urban ladder products is always excellent, and now they come up with a bed mattress range which covers latex, memory foam, and coir mattresses.
It’s a queen size mattress with Bonnel springs for a bouncy & supportive feel. The style is somewhat contemporary, with round edges and pattern on top.
- Innerspring technology that provides back support and a longer life for the mattress
- The top layer is made from super-soft foam to add comfort
- It has a prorated warranty of 5 Years
8. Take Care Orthopaedic Memory Mattress
It is made from high-quality memory foam and high-density foam using the latest technologies, which lets you enjoy deep sleep without any discomfort.
The mattress is effective for every type of sleeper, whether they sleep sideways or upside down. It keeps up the comfort level of the user. It’s helpful for the users who have a sore neck, lower back, or other problem areas to counter that.
- Orthopedic Memory foam that alleviates stress and pressure points across your entire body
- Restful, pain-free sleep which doesn’t lets the user change sleeping position as long as 4 hours
- It comes with 25 years of the manufacturer warranty, which is phenomenal
9. Flo Ergo – Gel Infused Memory Foam Mattress
The Flo Ergo mattress has some really effective benefits over others; it provides softer support to your back, which responds to the individual weights while the top layer of memory foam helps maintain the natural shape of your spine.
The gel-infused memory foam and 3d airflow fabric allow the heat transfer and keeps the mattress cool. The outer zipper cover is infused with aloe vera gel so that it doesn’t have any side effects with your skin.
- Unparallel spine support maintain the natural shape
- Keeps cool even in long deep sleep
- Aloe vera infused zipper cover to protect hydrated skin
- 100 nights trial with ten years of assurance
10. Comforto Duplex Firm and Soft Dual Comfort Reversible Foam Mattress
It is another reversible dual comfort mattress in the list with both medium-soft and firm feel. The plush mattress cover is attached to add a soft feel on both sides.
It has a total of 11 years of warranty, which covers 2 Years’ complete warranty and thereafter, Pro-rated Warranty.
- Support foam at the base to provide the required support to the body while sleeping
- Memory foam at the top to add pleasure experience of the sink in a bit. It helps the mattress to adjust with body shape.
- Plush cover at both sides of the mattress
Best Mattress – Buying Guide
Buying a mattress isn’t as simple as people will make it. Generally, people will buy a mattress from local stores without having proper knowledge of which type of foam is used, is it good for health or not?
These are some questions that one should ask himself before buying a mattress.
The brand is also a key factor as many times the size issue occurs because of mistaken measurements. A good mattress brand will take care of all these customer satisfaction things and replace the mattress in such cases.
Wakefit is the best mattress brand that we highly recommend to users. A similar phenomenon occurs with us and they replaced our mattress with updated size.
Type of Foams Used in Mattress
Depending upon the type of material & technique used to make the mattress, it can divide into a various range of categories. Each type of foam has its advantage over other types, that’s the main reason that mattress manufacturers use the combined structure of foams such as gel memory foam, high-density foam, cool foam, or several combinations of them.
Using this technique, the brands can portrait the benefits of multiple foams in a single mattress, which helps in dealing with back pain and give comfortable sleep at night.
So, have a look at some of the most commonly used mattress foams in India with a brief description to get an idea of what the good or bad about it.
Smart Gel Foam
The gel foam or cool foam is added to any mattress to improve the temperature absorbing properties of it. If you ever felt discomfort or sweaty while lying down on a mattress for a more extended period, then this is something you should look at.
The high-density foam is generally added into the base to impart mutual support while sitting or lying down on it. Most of the part in a mattress is covered by it but always check the percentage of high-density foam with respect to others.
High Resilience Foam
The high resilience foam is a polyurethane foam that has higher responsiveness as compared to memory foam. It gives an extra bouncy feel that everyone loves to have, especially kids who love to play on bouncy mattresses.
Most of the popular mattresses add this layer to provide a more even feel that doesn’t let you sink in the bed. High resilience or Memory foams tend to give Sagging and off-gassing problems if not made in good quality, so, always prefer the reputed brand or do proper research before buying such chemically formulated foams.
Apart from that, there are many other types of mattresses as well, such as latex mattress (uses latex form), water bed (use water as the primary support), air bed (use air as the primary support) which are rarely used in India.
Properties of The Mattresses
We have already mentioned the various type of foams and their uses/benefits in the first section of the post. Along with that, there are few things that one can determine by examining the mattress or reading the description carefully.
Understanding these things also helps in getting personalized mattresses, suppose if someone wants to have more significant support than comfort then they should look for firmer base foam with a high thickness of it.
How to Get the Right Size for Mattress?
To calculate the exact size of the mattress required, one has to measure the size of the bed. To do that, remove all the accessories from the bed and measure the inner dimensions, where the mattress is supposed to insert.
There are various standard sizes available in the Indian market, which is quite different from other countries. Some of the popular sizes of the mattress are as follow:
However, the standard measurements for king size bed range between 76 inches to 80 inches as compared to that of a queen-size bed, which starts with 60 inches. Whereas the single bed mattress is almost half the width of a double bed mattress, which is ranges from 36 inches to 42 inches.
After reading the complete review, you might get some of the points clear, here is a quick summary of all the points. We have learned various types of foams used in a mattress in different ratios; each type of foam has its own benefits or drawback. A few of them were memory foam, smart gel foam, high-density foam, high resilience (HR) foam.
The choice of the type of foam or mattress also depends on “which type of sleeper are you?” If you are a side sleeper, you will need a softer mattress, on the other hand, straight or stomach sleepers might opt for a firmer mattress.
I hope this mattress guide helped you to choose the right mattress for your home. Share your views or opinions regarding this through the comment sections below.