Hairs are the most precious thing for every youngster out there, and a good hairstyle can help them boost their confidence level while looking good. Many people believed that a good hairstyle could only be achieved by a chemical based product that isn’t true.
The best hair straighteners can style one’s hair quickly with minimal efforts and that too, without even using products like hair wax, gel, etc. In this way, hair straighteners prevent hairs from the harmful effects of chemicals.
There are few things that one should be aware of before using or purchasing any hair straighteners, so have a quick look at them.
- The straighteners come up with multiple heat settings to suits individual needs. So, try to avoid using higher temperature setting if not necessary for your hair types.
- The heating plate material is the key thing that affects the hair straightening quality, hair health of the user. So, instead of getting cheap prefer high-quality plate material for good long term results. Ceramic & Tourmaline considered as a good element that doesn’t harm the hairs.
- Texture & Thickness of your hair matters the most, where fine hairs can be managed easily with low heat the thick hairs need a higher temperature to straighten or shape them. The multiple heat settings with minimum precision can help to achieve the right temperature.
So, Now you know what works best for your hairs but finding the right hair iron among the hundreds of options available is not a cup of tea. To help you out in this, we have handpicked top 10 hair straighteners that stands on all our comparison criteria.
10 Best Hair Straighteners in India
1. Philips BHS673/00 Mid End Straightener
Philips BHS673 is currently the best hair straightener with UniTemp Sensor & SplitSpot technology. The UniTemp sensor gives additional protection to your hairs from uneven heat; it prevents unnecessary high heating of plate element while giving consistent temperature.
The smooth ceramic plates provide minimal friction to protect split ends. Straightening plates have a professional length of 105mm to cover sufficient area in one press.
The functions like auto shut off, quick heat up time, 11 temperature settings with digital display ensure you never lack features. Have a look at some of its key specifications below:
- Negatively charged ionic conditioning to eliminate static & frizzy hair
- 11 temperature settings to get the right amount of heat according to hair types
- Auto shut off feature designed for safety if left on the appliance will turn off automatically after 30 minutes
- UniTemp sensor for less heat exposure & more even heating
- Quick heat up time of 30 seconds
2. Braun Satin Hair 7 SensoCare Hair Straightener ST780
Braun, a brand that is known for its premium & expensive products range. Satin ST780 is another such product that has inbuilt sensors that can read hair 20x a second and adapt to the ideal temperature.
It has seven SensoCare stylers that allow the user to personalized the style in their own way, and its intelligent systems display the level of moisture in your hair with each stroke. A warning displays if the hairs are too wet to straighten healthily.
In simple words, it is one of the smartest hair straighteners that has automatic temperature adaptation, intelligent sensors, large display, and a range of options for the consumer.
- It has 100% ceramic smooth plates that can float to distribute the pressure evenly
- Built-in sensors to read & adapt ideal temperature based on hair type and prevent them from overheating
- SensoCare leaves your hair shiny, smooth and frizz-free
3. SYSKA HS2021i Ionic Hair Straightener
Syska one of the fastest growing brand in grooming products known for its well-designed products at suitable price ranges. This ionic straightener comes up with six temperature settings ranges from 120°C to 220°C.
Instead of digital display, the LED temperature indicators are given on the handle. The ionic function with ceramic plate ensures users will get the best results while straightening.
- Negative ions are emitted which in turn neutralize the hairs atoms and eliminate the static and frizz making the hair smoother
- Heat balance technology to provide heat uniformly
- Six temperature settings 120-220 degrees with led indicators
- It has fast heat up time of 30 seconds
4. Philips HP8316/00 Kerashine Hair Straightener
Philips HP8316 is one of the bestseller hair straightener trusted by thousands of buyers. It has quite wider heating plates as compared to its length, the length to width ratio of the plate is smaller than BHS673.
The keratin infused ceramic plates give proper shine & ultrasmooth gliding to hairs with optimized temperature. It has quite sufficient long cord with swivel end to prevent tangled wires.
The biggest con of this straightener is that it doesn’t have any temperature setting and it works on at a constant temperature of 210°C, which might not suit all hair types.
- Keratin infused ceramic plates
- No temperature setting works on professional 210° temperature
- Ionic care to eliminate static and frizzy hairs
- It has a heat-up time of 60 seconds
5. Havells HC4045 5 in 1 Multi Styling Kit
It’s not just a straightener but a complete styling kit with multiple attachments to make curls or give a bouncy or crimped look to your hairs. If you’re the one who always looks for unique hairstyle, then this product is made for you.
It works on continued peak temperature of 190 degrees while the ceramic coated plates ensure the uniform heating. A power switch is given on the handle for convenient usage and quickly turned it off.
- Ceramic coated plates with uniform heating
- 190-degree celsius constant temperature
- Five additional attachments for various usage
6. Philips HP8302 Essential Selfie Straightener
Philips HP8302 is one of the best budget straighteners that comes around 1k INR only. It has ceramic plates for smooth gliding that works on the constant temperature of 210°C. The hairstyles can last for 2-3 hours; it’s not suitable for permanent straightening.
Apart from that, it has 1.6m long heat safe cord, swivel cord for convenient rotation of the hand. Perhaps it doesn’t have ionic conditioning or temperature control setting, but it can fulfill the basic needs of straightening at a budget price.
- SlikPro care for less heat exposure
- Ceramic plates for smooth gliding and even heat distribution
- Heat up time of 60 seconds
- 210°C constant temperature
7. SYSKA HS6810 Hair Straightener
It’s another beautifully designed straightener by Syska in the bright magenta color. The on/off button is given on the inner side of the straightener so that it doesn’t affect the user’s grip while operating.
The auto off feature ensures the safety of the device if left on accidentally it will turn off automatically. Its heat balance technology with ceramic plates tends to give the best possible styling results.
- Ceramic plates for better straightening experience
- Ready to use in 60 seconds (heat up time)
- Lockable handle for travel-friendly & easy usage
8. Lifelong LLPCW18 Cordless Rechargeable Hair Straightener for Women
Lifelong LLPCW18 is the only portable, or cordless straightener in the list that works on a battery operated the system. After full recharge, one can use it up to 45 minutes while the charging time is 4 hours.
Keeping its battery charged every time might be a headache but it’s still the best portable option which allows you to straight hairs anytime and anywhere on the go.
- Temperature control setting to choose between 165, 185 or 205-degree celsius
- Battery Operated straightener with 45 minutes of usage in one go
- Auto shut-off and handle lock ensures the safety of the device
9. Havells HS4101 Hair Straightener with Ceramic coated plates
Havells appliances always provide safety with exceptional performance. This Havells straightener comes with ceramic coated floating plates that gives even heat with right pressure on each end. It can reach up to the highest temperature of 210 degrees Celsius.
- 25×120 mm Ceramic Coated Floating Plates
- Instant heat up time of 45 seconds
- Plates lock system & power button given on the side of the handle
10. Nova NHS 860 Temperature Control Professional Hair Straightener
Nova NHS 860 is come up with a digital control system where you can control the temperature from 160°C to 220°C. The controller is given on the inner side of the handles with led light to notify. The heating plates are coated with a ceramic to provide smoothness & shine to the hairs.
- Customize your operation with the variable heat settings 160-220°C
- Quick heat up time of 30 seconds
- Can be used for wet hair as well
Best Hair Straightener – Buying Guide
Stuck with multiple choices? Read this straightener buying guide to get deep info about the latest technologies in the hair straightener industries.
Ceramic Vs. Titanium
The Heat Up Time
The heat up time is the time which is required to heat the elements up to the desired temperature which the user sets up. The lesser heat up time, the better it is because in the hurry of getting ready early, it’s hard to wait for more.
The best hair straightener should have sufficient length of cord to use it conveniently at any place even if your mirror has at more distance from the socket.
Hence! These are some of the critical things to consider while buying flat irons. If your hairs are too unhealthy and prone to get damaged with heat, you can also use heat protectant spray before straightening to prevent hairs from negative impacts of heat.