The water heaters are the neediest appliances in the winters, especially if one lives in the northern part of India. Nowadays, One can’t imagine having a shower without warm water in the winter season.
If you’re looking to get a new geyser this season, then it’s the perfect place. Here we have listed the best water heaters in India that completely stands on essential criteria.
There are many things that one should consider while comparing various water geysers. Still, before digging deep into the comparison process, one should be aware of the type of water heaters available in the market.
Electric vs. Gas Geysers
On the other side, Gas geysers are more economical based on the cost of heating or purchasing cost, but the installing is difficult as one has to connect it with the LPG connection.
Apart from that, they are larger as compared to an electric water heater and subjected to frequent damages. Considering safety, Gas water heaters, are more risky options for common houses and not recommended.
Storage vs. Instant Heaters
As the name clears storage water heaters to have an inbuilt storage tank where the water is stored and heated up later. They’re suitable for medium to large families for continuous hot water supply. It comes with insulation tanks to keep hot water for a more extended period; perhaps there’s still heat loss, which increases the operating costs.
The Instant heaters are recommended for individuals or for kitchen usage where the quantity of hot water required is limited. It’s capable of providing hot water instantly. It consumes less electricity as it only heats water when needed, and there’s no heat loss in the process.
The biggest drawback of Instant water heaters is that it stops hot water supply after a limited capacity, which ranges from 3-6 liters after that, one has to wait for the more hot water.
We surmised that now you have a clear mind of what type of geyser water heater works best considering your needs. Here we have covered both types of geysers in the list, So have a look at the best geysers to consider buying in a crowd of hundreds of models.
10 Best Water Heaters / Geysers in India
1. Havells Monza EC 25-Litre Storage Water Heater
Havells is one of the most trusted electronic appliances brands which takes device & user’s safety as a primary objective. The Havells Monza is made of Feroglas technology with a single weld line design. It also has high-density PUF insulations to prevent heat loss and save energy.
To protect the inner parts from corrosion, it has equipped with a Heavy-duty anode rod and an Incoloy heating element. It protects the inner tank from oxidation and carbonization, which is a common reason for geyser failures.
Overall it’s a well-designed product with a clean & modern design outer body with a temperature control knob at the bottom for easy reach even for short height people. The temperature control option comes handy in saving energy, as we can set the temperature we need and save excess energy in unnecessary heating.
- Extra thick superior cold rolled steel Inner tank with Feroglas technology
- It has a heavy-duty anode rod to protect it from corrosion
- The heating element is made of Incoloy which has a high resistance to oxidation and carbonization
- It has an Earth leakage circuit breaker and high protection to electrical parts from water splashing for safety purpose
- Temperature control knob (25°C to 75°C) and high-density PUF insulations for energy saving
2. Bajaj New Shakti Storage 25 Ltr Vertical Water Heater
Bajaj new shakti is one of the bestseller water heaters in recent years. It’s a compact design & competitive pricing made a favorable choice for the customers. The bajaj geyser is equipped with PUF insulation to capture heat inside the tank and saves energy.
It can withstand water pressure up to 8 bars, which made it suitable for high rise buildings. If you live in flats of a multi storey building, then you should always check the water pressure handling capacity of the geyser.
- Glassline coating in the inner tank to prevent corrosion and provides long durable life
- It’s equipped with many safety functions to protect it from dry heating, overheating, and overpressure
- Keeps water hot for a longer period with PUF insulation
3. V-Guard Victo 25 L Geyser
It’s another 25-liter capacity water heater in the list, which is the most suitable size for Indian families. The outer body is made from high-quality mild steel with anti-corrosive powder coating, which lasts long, even in the humid environment of the bathroom.
It’s equipped with four-layer safety systems, which include Hi-tech thermostat and thermal cut-out mechanisms for overheating protection, multifunctional valve for pressure control, and Magnesium sacrificial anode.
- Inner tank made from thick-gauge steel using single-line welding technology and Glass-Lined Coating
- Magnesium sacrificial anode protects the inner tank from corrosion
- Precise temperature regulation with thermal cut out mechanism
- Outer body made of high-grade mild steel
4. Havells Adonia R Digital Remote Controlled Water Heater
It is one of the most advanced geyser water heaters series that has a digital temperature indicator with multi-color led to portraits the water hotness levels. Blue light indicates the temperature reaches 35ºC, Pink at 55ºC, and Red at 75ºC.
It has a precise temperature control system to get perfectly hot water according to your desire. Such a heater is right for the ones who love taking long showers in winters, and it helps them get the proper temperature water instantly.
- Remote control for easy operating
- Temperature-sensitive led indicators
- Equipped with Feroglas technology, Puf insulation, Incoloy glass coated heating element, the anode rod, whirl flow technology
- Multifunctional safety valve and safe plug to cut power in case of current leakage
5. Bajaj Caldia Water Heater (25L)
Bajaj, one of the best geyser brand, now come up with a water heater in a vibrant color option. The Caldia series is available in all three major storage capacity options of 10 litter, 15 liter, and 25 liters.
It has a rust-proof external body which is made of abs + pp material. Overall it’s a good option to consider under 8000 rupees range, especially if you didn’t like the previous bajaj model you can go for it.
- Mild Steel with Glass lined Coating on inner tank
- 2000 Watts power geyser
- Suitable for high rise buildings (up to 8 bar pressure) and works well with hard water too
6. Haier Precis ES 25V ED 25-Litre Vertical Water Heater
Haier storage water heater has a small led to display the accurate temperature of the hot water, which comes handy in getting the things ready for shower quickly. The pattern design at the center part looks beautiful, where the power switch is at the bottom.
The best part about Haier geyser I like is the warranty they provide, which is the maximum among various popular brands. Currently, they’re giving four years on product and seven years on the tank (It may be subjected to change, so double-check it on seller’s page before buying).
- Incoloy heating element
- Shockproof design, voltage fluctuation proof
- PUF insulation on the inner tank and Mild Steel outer body
7. American Micronic Electric Water Heater
The brand name seems new to many of us, but the Americal Micronic has the best geyser in India in terms of performance. It works on three power modes 800W/1200W/2000W with Variable temperature control options. It’s 42 mm PUF insulations are crucial for containing hot water for a longer evident.
The only limitation of it that it’s not available in more abundant storage capacity options. If you’re looking for a 15-liter water heater, then it’s one of the most favorable choices to consider.
- Made of 2mm Ultra-thick inner steel tank with Glass Lined
- Magnesium Anode for superior corrosion resistance
- Three power modes 800W/1200W/2000W and 42 mm PUF insulations for ultimate energy saving
- Equipped with multiple Safety protections against overheating, overpressure and electric shock
- The high-quality corrosion-resistant metal outer body
8. Hindware Atlantic GL(ABS) HS2501GDD20 Storage Geyser
Hindware is a well-known brand of bathroom accessories or fittings; most of us have Hindware diverter or shower fittings in our houses. Now the trust of Hindware comes in the water heaters with all-new Atlantic GL series.
It’s a 5-star bee rated geyser that has Optimized inlet diffuser technology to distribute the water evenly and keep water temperature balanced. Have a look at its key specifications below.
- Enamel coated glass line tank
- Technologically robust construction
- High-grade ABS Plastic Body
9. AO Smith Storage New Green Series Water Heater
AO Smith water heater comes with a blue diamond glass lining tank for maximum protection against corrosion. Even the heating element is glass-coated to prevent scale formation. A big dial is given upfront to control the heating level from low, medium to high.
- Blue Diamond Glass Lined Tank
- Anode Rod that works even in hard water conditions
- PUF Technology for Power Savings
10. Racold Eterno Swift 15-Litre Storage Water Heater
Last but not least, this sturdy electric water heater comes with a Titanium enameled heating element that gives faster heating and ensures longer geyser life. Apart from that, it has a variable temperature controlling knob to customize bathing needs and saves wastage of energy.
- Titanium enameled heating element
- High-pressure resistance to make it suitable for high rise buildings
- Smart mix to ensures slow mixing of cold and hot water in the inner container
Geyser / Water Heater Buying Guide
Comparing various water heater brands isn’t enough; one should know about their personal requirements to get the right geyser for themselves. Irrespective of that, having detailed knowledge of each function also helps in using the water heater in the right way, which ultimately saves energy and helps to get more extended service life of the product.
In the first phase of the article, we concluded that storage water geysers are more suitable or better options for bathroom needs. But what geyser size one should opt for?
How to decide Geyser Size?
Here are some standard water usage depending upon the way of usage.
- Bathing using buckets – 15 L/ person
- Shower bath – 25 L/person
- Bathtub – 35 L/person
- Washing clothes – 10 L/person
- Washing utensils – 5 L/meal
Using this table, one can easily calculate their needs and buy accordingly. To know full family water demands, one has to keep adding the water used for each person.
If you don’t want to get into maths, the simples solution is to get the geyser of bigger size (25 Liter recommended), especially if space isn’t an issue for you. Cause, nowadays, best water heaters come with high-quality insulations that can maintain the temperature of extra hot water for almost a day.
Quick Overview of The Things to Look in Water Heaters
In a hurry? Have a look at the list of things that one should consider while comparing various water heaters.
- The Inner tank should be made of thick-gauge steel.
- It should have Glassline coating to prevent the inner tank from corrosion.
- High-density PUF Insulation to reduce the loss of heat or standing loss
- It should have safety protection against overheating, overpressure, and electric shock.
Along with these hardware points, Temperature Control Range lets the user set the water temperature up to the desired level. Some heaters come up with precise control over the temperature, whereas some just make you select from three to four levels of heating.
Many people worried about its usage with hard water. Still, as long as the corrosion-resistant coating in the inner tank and scaling resistant heating element is used, it doesn’t affect much. Still, to be on the safer side, one can use water softeners to reduce the hardness of the water.