Despite various types of washing machines available in the market, Front Loading machines are still the best choice for consumers. However, they are expensive but gives the most exceptional washing quality that is not possible with top loaders.
The washing technology used in the best front load washing machines differs from other washing machines as they have a drum that rotates on a horizontal axis instead of verticle. Although, it also varies as per individual brands cause every brand uses a different style of drum, motor, and set of functions.
As major companies like Bosch, LG, IFB, Samsung have a reliable technology to compete, they’re capturing most of the market share. Hence, It’s recommended to opt for these leading brands as they ensure the customer’s satisfaction in after-sale services.
10 Best Front Load Washing Machines in India
1. Bosch 7 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine – WAK24268IN
Bosch WAK24268IN is one of the bestselling washing machines in the last few years because of its attractive features & convenient size of 7kg. It’s specially designed to reduce vibrations and can be worked effectively even at a low water pressure of 0.3 bar. It’s an ideal machine if water pressure is an issue at your place, or the water tank isn’t at sufficient height.
The noise levels are as low as 49 dB during washing, while it can increase up to 74 dB when the dryer/spinning mode is active. Cause of its EcoPerfect design and speedy operations, it has a real advantage to save electric consumption. The 1200 rpm motor dries the clothes in much lesser time than ordinary machines.
Besides, the super 15 wash mode lets the user wash lightly soiled clothes within just 15 minutes, which comes handy if you’re about to get ready and need fresh clothes. Apart from that, it has 12 wash programs dedicated to various fabrics like cotton, wool, or silk.
The chrome finish is quite premium that elevated the whole appearance of the surrounding area. Overall, It’s the best pick in our list that provides all the essential & premium features at a standard market price of 7 kg washing machine.
- Active Water technology to save water by sensing the load
- Antivibration design and VarioDrum technology
- Inbuilt heater to wash clothes at the right temperature
- Works effectively even at the low water pressure
- Equipped with reload function, child lock, allergy plus, speed mode
2. IFB 7.5 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine – Elite WX
IFB Elite WX has the 14 wash programs that cover a sufficient range of washing needs, including express wash, anti-allergen, cotton/normal, eco mode, spin dry, babywear, etc. The company has an entirely new look to this model with a slight black touch to its appearance.
The two significant advantages of the IFB front-load machine are that it comes with a four-year comprehensive warranty, which is two years more than the other models. Perhaps, these machines have very fewer chances of getting damaged for the first five years.
Apart from that, it has an inbuilt water softener device with Aqua Energie that energized the water to dissolve detergent more efficiently. If you have hard water in your locality, you can consider it as a plus point. In contrast, the ball valve technology can be handy in saving detergent as it let the water out while containing the soap.
- 1200 RPM spin speed and 14 wash programs
- Aqua Energie technology to dissolve detergent at a much better rate
- Smooth crescent moon grooves on the inner surface of the drum that acts as a water cushion and wash clothes delicately
- Inbuilt heater, auto-balance system, air bubble wash
3. Bosch 7 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine – WAK24168IN
It’s a slightly affordable version of Bosch WAK24268IN with a considerable difference of around 3k rupees. Perhaps, It also has a capacity of 7 Kg and 1200 RPM speed, but the limitations here are that one can’t control the temperature and rpm setting separately.
Apart from that, it has the same premium finish, glass door, and easy-to-use dial to select the wash mode. It’s foam detection system precisely detects if there any foam left after each rinsing cycle.
In short, its the best affordable option in the 7 kg category if one doesn’t require customizable options. However, most of the daily laundry requires only standard wash programs that are available with this model.
- Variorum technology with an antivibration design
- Foam detection system and Unbalanced load management
- Drum clean, child-lock, and reload functions with 14 wash programs
- EcoSilence Drive Motor and ActiveWater technology
4. LG 8 kg Inverter Wi-Fi Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine – FHT1408SWL
If the higher capacity is the preference, than it is the most exquisite model in the 8 Kg category, LG uses 6-motion control technology to fight tough stains and direct drive technology to minimize the vibrations and maintenance cost.
The most significant advantage of this LG smart front load washing machine is its “smart diagnosis” and LG ThinQ that lets the user operate/monitor the device from anywhere. Whereas, using “smart diagnosis”, customer support can detect the issue remotely if you face any problem in the future.
The inverter technology equipped with it to save electricity by using the optimum motor speed as the maximum speed isn’t required always. Additionally, the design is entirely new, and the glass door has a wide opening to load the clothes quickly.
- Powerful 1400 RPM spin speed to dry clothes much faster
- Steam wash to make the clothes allergen-free and sterilize them
- SmartThinQ with Wi-Fi to operate from anywhere using the mobile app
5. LG 7 kg Inverter Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine – FHT1207SWW
It’s an almost similar model to the previously listed LG machine except for the different drum volume and rpm speed. The RPM numbers may look slightly less, but they are sufficient enough to dry clothes at standard time.
It has Multiple wash modes i.e., cotton, baby steam care, delicate, sportswear, wool, duvet, gentle care, stain care, and few more to suit every kind of washing needs.
The blue and white color combination makes it stand out of all the silver or chrome finish washing machines. The control panel is easy to operate and has a waterproof design that ensures the protection of it against water.
- Six motion DD with inverter technology
- Tub Clean, Smart Diagnosis, Fuzzy Logic, child lock features
- LG ThinQ for easy controls from anywhere
- 12 wash programs including steam wash & quick wash
6. Bosch 6.5 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine – WAK20166IN
The Bosch WAK20166IN is one of the few bestselling front load washing machines that come in titanium finish. Despite its small screen, it’s still easy to operate it using buttons & a wash mode selecting dial.
It has all those technologies that Bosch uses, i.e., variorum, antivibration design, EcoSilence Drive Motor, active water, etc. It is the best option for someone who is looking for a 6.5 kg washing machine with fully automatic functionality.
- 6.5 Kg capacity and 1000 RPM motor speed
- Active water technology that senses the weight of clothes and adjusted water level accordingly
- Ten wash programs, including gentle wash, super 15/30, refresh, daily wash, etc.
- All Bosch machines in this list come with Voltcheck to deal with voltage fluctuations and resume wash cycle when the power back
7. IFB 6.5 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine – Senorita Aqua SX
If you’re searching in the range of 6.5 kg capacity, then this is currently the best option available in the market. Loaded with functions like Express 15, babywear, stains 40, stains 60, mixed fabric, wool or hand wash, delicates, and cotton; It became an ideal washing machine to consider.
There’s a dial at the center to select the wash program and separate buttons at the right for additional functions to combine with preset programs. These buttons are for prewash, soak, extra rinse, rinse hold operations. We’ve described them briefly in the buying guide at the end of the post.
It has inbuild protection against voltage fluctuations, which may lead to frequent damages to the appliances, so it protects against all those fluctuations. The child lock is given to keep the machine safe from children’s activities. The only drawback is that it has slightly lower rpm (1000 revolutions per minute) than other models in this price range.
- The combination of 3D wash system, crescent moon grooves on the drum, and Aqua Energie ensures the perfect cleaning of clothes
- Unique water spray system with nozzles that creates a powerful 360-degree current in the drum
- Child lock and laundry add functions with various wash programs
8. IFB 6.5 Kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine – Elena ZX
It’s another IFB front load machine with 6.5 Kg capacity but its much affordable option than the previous model. There are four buttons given on the right side of the panel to adjust the temperature, spin speed, and other options. It also has a separate reload and power button so that people don’t confuse them with each other.
It has a range of temperature variation from 30 °C, 40 °C, 60 °C, 95 °C which one can select manually from the given button controls. The bottom part of all these machines is wholly sealed that prevents rat or insects from entering into the machine.
- 1000 rpm and ten wash programs
- It has an inbuilt heater that warms the water as per the wash mode
- Works on a range of water pressure 0.3 Bar to 10 Bar
9. Bosch 6 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine – WAB16060IN
While it comes in the white color, this Bosch washing machine is the simplest form of front-loading machine. It has the lowest price tag ever possible in a front-loading machine, but that doesn’t mean it has incomplete features.
Despite the simplicity, it doesn’t lack features as it has equipped with 6 kg capacity and 800 rpm rotation speed of the drum. The size and price are perfect for the small families where the load isn’t much, and wash frequency is the least.
- 6Kg capacity & 800 rpm model
- VarioDrum, EcoSilence Drive Motor, Anti Vibration Design, Active Water, Speed Mode
- Works on low water pressure (minimum 0.3 bar)
10. Samsung 6 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine – WW60M206LMW/TL
The Samsung front loading washing machine uses diamond shape drum patterns with small water exit holes for gentle fabric care. The digital inverter technology is provided for energy-saving and reduce noise levels. The motor changes power according to the load automatically, which results in less electricity consumption.
It has quite a clean and straightforward design with a large door to conveniently load the clothes inside the drum. Touch buttons are arranged gradually at the bottom of the display to control temperature, spin, delay timer, etc.
It is one of the best options if you’re looking for 6kg models and low budget machines. Have a look at some of the critical specifications of it below:
- Ceramic heating element to prevent scale build-up
- Digital Inverter & diamond drum technology used
- 1000 rpm speed and multiple wash programs, including quick wash, baby care, delicate, wool, etc.
Front Load Washing Machine – Buying Guide
If one had decided to get a front loading washing machine but still confuse which model works best for them considering one’s needs, then this guide will help through the process. There are three significant aspects that one had to ponder Capacity, Functions, and Brand.
One had to brainstorm about these three things as the need differs in each family and locality. Perhaps, the brand is a more generic thing that one can choose as per their preference, but we recommend only Bosch, IFB, and LG when it comes to fully automatic washing machines.
The selection of capacity of washing machine (6Kg, 7Kg, or more) depends upon the average laundry weight of the family. It does not just include the clothes we wear but also stuff like bedsheets, pillow covers, curtains, etc.
Another factor is the wash frequency; If you’re someone who washes clothes once or twice a week, then the laundry size will increase obviously. So, always keep the fact in mind, “how frequent you are in washing clothes?”
The functions of the Front-load washing machine somewhat include the wash programs, customization of those programs, maximum spin speed, the maximum temperature that a machine can attain (if inbuilt heater included).
Every brand has a different set of features, but a good front load fully automatic machine must include the following features.
- Inbuilt Heater
- Sufficient number of wash programs based on timing – Quick wash, Delay Start, Ready In
- Wash programs based on cloth type – Delicate, Anti-allergen, Babywear, Pre-wash, Anti-crease
Every brand has a unique touch in its products, which reflects in appearance, ease of use, maintenance, customer service, etc. That can be experienced when you use the product, and that’s generally called customer experience, which they portray in terms of feedback.
The best washing machine brands like Bosch, LG, IFB, Samsung, etc. always focus on these small things to improve the customer experience and product efficiency. That’s why we always recommend purchasing from a reputed brand and never ignore the customer ratings of that product.
Why is Front Loading Washing Machines Underrated in India?
A particular group of people still believes that the front load machines aren’t suitable for them because it consumes more water or can’t be stopped in midway. Perhaps, that’s not true at all; even the front-loading machine is the most efficient when it comes to saving water.
The price is the second most critical factor that affects the sales of these machines. Cause these machines are somewhat expensive, a significant community of lower-middle-class families tends to avoid putting their money in such premium stuff.
Not having the right space in the house is another reason that diverts people from fully to semi-automatic washing machines. Perhaps it only requires a separate tap and a socket to connect permanently for the water and electricity requirement of the machine.
Many people in our society still have many misconceptions about fully automatic washing machines, which is the main reason this sector isn’t scaled enough that it should be.
Misconceptions About Fully Automatic Washing Machine
All front loading washing machines are fully automatic, and people in India have many misconceptions about these machines. Read the following points to check if you’re thinking the same?
Misconceptions No. 1 – It consumes more water than a Semi-Automatic Machine.
Reality – It’s completely untrue as the fully automatic machine takes the right amount of water that is required considering the loading of clothes. On the other hand, a minimum level of water is a must, even for a single piece of cloth.
Misconceptions No. 2 – I can’t pause the wash cycle to add extra clothes.
Reality – Nowadays, all front load machines come with pause function where users can pause the cycle anytime and load the clothes.
Misconceptions No. 3 – The wash quality isn’t superior.
Reality – The reality is front-loading washers have the best technology to wash clothes and minimize the damage to the cloth fabric at the same time.
Misconceptions No. 4 – It has a risk of flooding.
Reality – People generally assume if the door is in front, It may have chances of leaking water, but that’s not the case. The front-loading machines do not need to fill up water to wash the clothes. Also, the door locking system is pretty good in these machines that prevent any leakage.
Hardware & Technology
With the evolution of technology around the globe, this sector hasn’t left away. New technics of washing clothes evolved continuously, and the engineers keep working towards improving the washing experience of the user, cause at the end of the day only that thing matters.
If longer machine life needs to be achieved, it’s necessary to prevent excessive movements of the machine parts. To counter this, many front load washing machine brands have introduced an antivibration design that prevents such occurrence.
Leveling is another aspect to control excess movements during wash cycles. If the leveling hasn’t done correctly by the demo engineer, these issues might be faced by the user.
Traditional designs use a belt to transfer the revolutions from motor to the drum, where the belt tends to be damaged after few years and demands maintenance. However, In direct-drive models, the drum is directly fitted to the motor to prevent such a scenario.
Ultimately, It reduces the maintenance cost and also creates fewer vibrations during wash cycles.
Benefits of Front Loading Machines
- Front-loading machines provide highly satisfactory wash quality as compared to top-loading ones.
- These machines require little to nothing when it comes to manual work; one just had to put detergent and load clothes.
- They look superior and elevates the elegance of the space around by its matt finish and glass door.
- It comes in a comparatively larger capacity than other types and also saves inside space as it doesn’t contain any impeller or agitators.
Limitations of Front Loading Machines
- These machines are quite heavy in terms of weight, and one could face difficulties in changing their place.
- One separate water faucet, an electric socket, and a drain hole are required to install it permanently.
- These premium machines are expensive, which might not suit everyone’s budget.
How can a front-load machine be economically efficient?
Despite the high initial cost, these machines save a lot of money by consuming less water, electricity, and detergent. Not only that, but it also saves the most precious thing of human beings “Time.”
What is the cost of maintenance?
It doesn’t have any maintenance cost if taken proper care and followed the instructions given by the installation engineer. Perhaps, in some cases of hard water usage, the scale may build-up due to salt present in water. Descaling powder can be used to remove scale formation.
Does the front load washing machine require special detergent?
Practically no, the front-loading machines work perfectly even with standard detergent powder. However, many people believe that front-load detergent has less foam formation and should be used in these machines. We have tested washing clothes with surf excel front load, top load powder, & liquid, and the results are surprising as the top load powder gives the best result in our case.
What is the effect of temperature during washing?
The water temperature has a major effect on various wash programs to fight tough stains and allergens. Wash modes like cotton-wash, anti-allergen, babywear uses high water temperature ranges from 60º to 90º. However, the lower temperature (up to 30º) used in a delicate wash program.
General Tips for Longer Product Life
Every product has a limited life duration, but we can elongate it by taking proper care of it. The same happens with front-load washing machines, which need special attention to keep it running smoothly for years.
- Keep cleaning the detergent drawer and beneath rubber area, which was just after the front door at regular intervals.
- Run the machine empty in drum-clean mode at least once in 15 days. It cleans the drum & inside elements of the machine thoroughly to prevent the formation of scaling.
- Clean the drainpipe at least once a month, which located behind the service flap in most cases.
- Make sure the pockets are empty before loading the clothes into the machine. Metal items may cause damage to the inside surface of the drum.
We have tried to cover most of the points that might be useful for everyone who is looking to get front loading washing machine for their home. The verdict of all these brainstormings can be summarized as the front-load machines are effective & efficient at the same time, and Bosch is the prime recommendation by experts.
If we left something to mention here, do let us know through the comments section below. Keep Shopping!