Electric kettles are no doubt the best portable kitchen appliance as it gives freedom to cook anywhere with the help of electrical energy. The versatile cooking range makes it capable of making tea, maggie, instant noodles, hot chocolate, soup, etc., and that too without using any traditional cooking medium, i.e., LPG.
Perhaps, there are few things that one should consider while comparing the best electric kettles in India. Some things are related to personal usage type or condition, whereas the other things are technical. The knowledge of them must guide the user towards better selection.
Points of Comparison – Best Electric Kettle
It’s the inside volume of the kettle in terms of liters, which describes the maximum quantity of food one can cook at a time. But the real question is, how much capacity is sufficient for you? Well, you can calculate the number of persons you cooked for in general conditions and decides which size works best for you.
Not only that, but the size also affects the portability if one had to travel frequently then a smaller size kettle would be easier to handle. The range of capacity varies from 0.5 liters to 2 liters, but the 1.5-liter is something more generalized and recommended in standard conditions as it benefits both ways.
Easy to Handle
The kettle should be designed in such a way to provide an easy opening or closing of lid, proper grip for convenient usage. The mouth should be wide enough for easy & quick pouring of the ingredients inside.
Along with that, the base should be of 360° cordless pirouette type for quick placement of kettle from any direction. Many kettles also come up with directly connected to wire without any base try to avoid such kettles as they have various cleaning & handling issues.
The electric kettle based on the boiling method of cooking, which has certain risk factors involved, such as overheating, burning due to lack of water, excess steam generation. To counter such risks, the kettle must be equipped with safety functions like dry boiling, auto shut off, overheating protection, etc.
After having an overview of the things, let’s move forward to explore the electric kettle review with a list of the top 10 models by best brands in the industry.
10 Best Electric Kettles in India
1. Philips 1.5-Liter Electric Kettle (HD9306/06)
The Philips electric kettle is our first choice that is made from a food-grade stainless steel SUS304 body that makes sure the food ingredients don’t react with the kettle particles. The one-touch spring lid makes the usage of the kettle easier than ever.
Considering safety, it’s equipped with functions like Steam sensor, dry boiling, and overheating prevention to ensure the safety of the device as well as the user. Placing the kettle on the base is made so convenient that the user doesn’t feel stressed while doing so.
The best part is the power of the device, where it completely stands on with 1800 watts range that gives speedy boiling results. Overall it’s a well-designed product with an enhanced look and easy cleaning surety. Whereas, the cord winder with the base is given for convenient storage of the kettle.
- 1800 watt power and 1.5-liter capacity
- Dry boiling, overheating prevention, and Steam sensor
- Made from stainless steel SUS304 food-grade material
- Rated well in ease to use and easy to clean
2. Philips Electric Kettle 1.7-Litre (HD9316/06)
With the straight upright body design, this kettle breaks the tradition of curved ones and looks stylish at the same time. It also has 1800 watt power, a Steam sensor, dry boiling, overheating prevention, just like the 9306 model of Philips.
The key noticeable features of it were the PTC technology to keep warm the liquid inside and a detachable stainless steel filter that made cleaning of the appliance even easier. It is the filter that was used at the time of pouring tea, coffee, etc. to keep the residuals inside.
- 1800 watt power with 1.7-liter capacity
- Keep warm feature with PTC technology and a push-button to turn it on/off
- Detachable filter and kettle for easy cleaning
- Steam sensor, dry boiling, overheat prevention
3. Kent 16023 1500-Watt Electric Kettle
We all aware of the kent water purifiers, but that is not the only thing that Kent produces. The Kent electric kettle is one of the few kettles that have beautiful led indicators inside that tells the power on/off status.
The transparent body is made of Borosilicate glass, which is more durable and sturdy than normal glass. Apart from the body, It has the safety features to protect against overheating and auto shut off.
- 1500 watt power and 1.7 liters capacity
- Borosilicate body and stainless steel lid
- Auto switch-off for overheating and boil-drying protection
- Light indicator and water level indicator
4. Philips Electric Kettle 1.2 liters (HD9303/02)
It is one of the bestselling 1-liter electric kettles in India cause of the finely designed body by Philips. The lightweight design of 0.75 kg and cord winder with a 0.75-meter long cord makes it a preferable choice for everyone who loves to carry kettle while traveling.
The wide opening ensures easy filling and cleaning from inside. Perhaps there aren’t any removable filters. Instead, small holes in the ss sheet are designed to pour the liquid outside.
- Tripple protection of Steam sensor, dry boiling and overheating
- Adjustable cord length with winder
- 360° cordless pirouette base for more comfortable handling
5. Russell Hobbs RJK72 1.7-Litre Cordless Kettle
Russell Hobbs is one such brand that is known for its premium products, and no doubt, RJK72 is one of them. The white and blue combinations look perfect for a luxury home. Not only that, but it also has a classic temperature indicator to give an instant idea of water temperature, which allows the user to stop anytime to get the desired temperature.
One of the most potent electric kettle with a 2200 watt power level for the fast boiling experience. Have a look at its other key specifications explained below:
- Boil dry, Overheat protection, & Anti-slip durable design
- Push lid opening and lid locking feature
- Temperature and water level indicators
6. Pigeon By stovekraft Amaze Plus 1.5 Ltr Electric kettle
Pigeon is one of the well-known kitchen appliance brands in India because of its easy to afford yet reliable products. The base has 360 degrees design, which allows the kettle to place from anywhere easily.
- 1500 watt power and 1.5-liter capacity
- Cord winding facility
- Indicator light and quick open button
7. Butterfly EKN 1.5-Litre Water Kettle
It’s the bestselling electric kettle on Amazon India with its easy to afford price range and must need features. It’s equipped with a high-quality thermostat control system to achieve the desired boiling temperature with an indicator light at the bottom.
- Classic design with convenient grip and 360-degree swirl base
- Auto cut off facility, Dry Boil Protection
- Keep warm mode to keep the water in hot condition
8. Kitchoff Automatic Stainless Steel Electric Kettle
It has a stainless steel body with a shiny finish and rubber protection for bare hands usage. The overall look seems a bit bulky because of the higher capacity of the model, which is about 1.8 liters.
- Concealed element and a power indicator
- Cool to touch handle and lid
- Affordable large size kettle
9. Inalsa Electric Kettle PRISM-1500W with LED Illumination
The Inalsa kettle has one of the most beautiful designs in the 1.8-liter category with a led indicator to indicates the power on. The transparent body suits more in this type of design. If you’re looking for a stylish yet affordable electric kettle then this one would be the best for you.
- 1500 watt power and 1.8-liter capacity
- auto shut off, dry boiling, and overheat protection
- Cordless design with the help of pirouette base
10. Prestige Electric Kettle PKOSS
Prestige is one of the oldest brands in the market, and people love their products as the first choice. The 10k+ reviews of it on Amazon shows the popularity of the product. The best part is it fits in the pocket of every common Indian buyer and has all the necessary functions.
- It has safety functions like auto cut off to protect any damage
- 1500 watt power and 1.5-liter capacity
- 360 Degree Swivel Base and Single Touch lid locking
Electric Kettle Buying Guide
In this buying guide, we will explain various functions of an electric kettle and terms that are generally attached to them. Having a brief knowledge of every feature will give you a better idea to find the best electric kettle online according to your preferences.
It is the function that allows the user to keep the liquid inside in the warm condition for a more extended period. Such features are critical when one has to wait to have the tea made in the kettle; It prevents the drink from cooling down.
Everyone has to store the kettle after its usage, but nobody likes the unmanageable wires. The cord winder helps to manage it well by winding it to the base, which is used to heat the kettle.
Food Grade Material
Do you know the food can react with the vessel material where we place it or cook? Yes, such a phenomenon makes food unhealthy to have and can affect our bodies in the long term. That’s where the food-grade concept comes into existence, Whether it is food-grade stainless steel or plastic was made in such a way to protect the purity of the food kept inside.
Electric Kettle Uses
The electric kettles are known for their quick boiling capabilities, whether it is for cooking or other purposes. We have made a list to list down all such unknown or possible uses of an electric kettle for a home.
- Making a cup of tea isn’t a time-consuming task anymore as the user can make a fresh cup of tea within minutes at double the speed of a regular gas stove.
- Too late to cook? Don’t worry; the electric kettle helps to make midnight snacks, i.e., instant noodles or maggie, without disturbing family members.
- If you didn’t have the baby bottle sterilizer with you, It could help to make it free from unwanted particles by providing hot water instantly.
- Boil milk, rice, egg, potatoes on the go with a much easier & quick method.
- Do a bit more by making hot chocolate, healthy soups, oatmeals, pasta, rice meal, etc.
That’s all from this electric kettles review and buying guide, we have tried to cover all the facts, definitions, and product specifications. If anything left out from this review, you can let us know through the comment sections.