Ironing clothes is one of the daily routine practices that we had to follow, but sometimes due to faulty operations of the iron, it becomes way more challenging to execute it. So, the dry irons are the perfect alternatives to replace your faulty irons and a budget-friendly option too.
Here, we are going to enlist the best dry irons in India. But why dry iron? As we all know, the steam iron will do the job faster, but it’s generally on the higher side of the budget. If you’re the one like me who doesn’t use features like steam or spray during ironing, then it doesn’t worth spending extra bucks on expensive irons.
However, the same quality hardware dry iron box hardly cost more than 700-800 rupees. Perhaps they’re a simpler form of irons, but still, there are many things that one should be aware of before purchasing dry iron.
The dry iron should have a sufficient range of temperature with a precise temperature gap between two settings, which lets you select the accurate temperature that you need for clothes. The control dial should be easy to operate with easy to read temperature markings on it.
It doesn’t matter which type of iron you’re buying; the soleplate should always be of nonstick or ceramic type. It prevents the cloth fabric from sticking on the plate due to excessive heat.
Compact & Lightweight
The dry iron should have a lightweight & compact design for easy carrying and usage. It is also one of the benefits of the dry irons as they don’t contain any water tank. They are light in weight which doesn’t put the burden on the wrist while ironing.
Apart from these factors, always consider the brand reputation as major factors because they ensure the durable & long-lasting product with good after-sale service.
10 Best Dry Irons in India
1. Philips HI114 Dry Iron
It’s a 1000-Watt dry iron with Golden American Heritage Soleplate, which is a non-stick type of plate that ensures the clothes doesn’t stick even at too high temperature. It’s aerodynamic and lightweight design provides smooth movements of the iron.
The extra volume over the handle gives a perfect grip to the user. The hands don’t stress out even after extra-long usage. Along the edges, a slight groove is given for fast ironing near buttons.
- It has 1000 watt power
- Golden American heritage soleplate
- Button groove speeds up ironing around buttons
- Easy temperature adjusting knob
2. Bajaj DX 7 1000-Watt Dry Iron
Bajaj is one of the best brands when it comes to the iron boxes as it ensures the quality hardware every time. The DX7 has a realistic but straightforward design that actually one needs, It’s pointed sole plate gives easy access to hard reaching areas of the clothes.
The best part about this model, which I like the most, is its thermal fuse which gives an extra layer of security to the product. The dual indicator perfectly portraits its status as the red light indicated the iron is heating, whereas the green light tells the desired temperature is achieved.
- Power: 1000 watts
- Non-stick coated soleplate
- Thermal fuse for safety
- Double Indicator system
3. Havells Era Dry Iron
It’s another 1000 watt dry iron in the list suitable for daily ironing needs. Talking about features, it’s equipped with Thermal fuse to protect from overheating and American heritage soleplate for smooth ironing experience.
- DuPont registered American heritage non-stick coated plate
- Easy fabric selector knob for various fabrics
- 360-degree swivel cord for quick movements
4. Philips GC181 Heavy Weight Dry Iron
Doesn’t like pressing the clothes while ironing? Well, Philips GC181 doesn’t let you do so. It’s a heavyweight dry iron that reduces the amount of pressure users put on the clothes while ironing. Overall, its a deadly combination of powerful performance with classy looks.
- Black American Heritage soleplate
- Outer body made of shockproof material which keeps the handle cool
- Auto-off pilot light
5. Usha EI 3302 Gold 1100-Watt Lightweight Dry Iron
Usha is one of the leading manufacturers of the irons and known for its value for money products. The EI 3302 is a well designed dry iron that has 1100 watt power for fast heat up.
The blue and white color combination look bright and unique; whereas the floral pattern adds an extra glow to the product. Have a look at the technical details of the product below.
- 1100 watts power iron
- Dual-color LED indicator light for power and heating ON/OFF detection
- Snap-action thermostat with accurate temperature control
- Button groove for easy ironing
6. Crompton Greaves PD Plus 1000-Watt Dry Iron
Yet another lightweight iron in 1000 watt power category. It’s suitable for all types of fabrics cotton, silk, rayon, nylon, wool, and one can select the cloth fabric easily with its fabric selecting dial.
- Double layer non-stick coated soleplate
- ABS plastic body and 1.8-meter long cord
- Overheating protection
7. Orient Electric Fabrijoy DIFJ10BP Dry Iron
Orient DIFJ10BP dry iron is one of the best options under 500 rupees range, which comes with 1000 watt power and heavy non-stick coated soleplate. Apart from the basic features, it also includes a cord winder for secure & managed storage of the iron.
- Heavy non-stick coated American heritage soleplate
- Silver layered thermostats contacts for longer life
- Button grove & cord winder
8. Bajaj Majesty DX 11 1000-Watt Dry Iron
Bajaj Majesty is one of the most popular dry iron series and DX11 is the new addition to it. The design is more like a classy one where the metal part is more exposed as compared to other models.
- Non-stick soleplate American heritage coating
- Multiple temperature settings
- Fuse for overheating safety
9. SYSKA SDI-09 1000-Watt Ezio Dry Iron
The Syska SDI-09 is available in two cool colors of blue and grey. It gives quite a modern touch to the shape of the iron. The soleplate has a coating of double-layer DuPont Teflon.
- Multi fabric selecting dial
- Overheating safety
- Two-layer DuPont Teflon coating soleplate
10. Solimo 1000-Watt Dry Iron
- Non-stick coated sole plate distributes heat evenly
- Safe for home usage with thermal fuse for overheating protection
- Temperature control knob
Hence, we have completed the list of top 10 best dry irons, but what’s the summary of all this. After going through all the details and models available in the market, we can conclude that the best dry iron should have the American heritage soleplate for best in class performance.
Along with that, it should also contain safety features like thermal fuse, fully covered plastic body to protect from shock or heat surface. It is recommended that it should be used with an ironing board for the best experience. However, you can share your opinion regarding that in the comments section below.