The AQI (Air Quality Index) getting worse day by day and reached alarming levels in the major cities of India. One can’t expect good health of them by breathing such polluted air; In fact, it’s the cause of the increasing number of cases regarding Asthma, Lung cancer, heart diseases, etc.
In such a hazardous environment, one can use Air Purifiers at their home as an immediate solution. As the air quality of our house has a more significant impact on our health than the outer atmosphere because we spent most of the time at our house, especially while sleeping, we need fresh air emitted from the best air purifier in India.
One can’t control the whole outer environment but can make a good start by improving air quality at home. This can be done by taking various small steps, i.e., growing more indoor plants, using eco-friendly appliances, using air purifiers.
Best Air Purifier – Points of Comparison
Cause, It’s a kind of device we’re not familiar with, many of us don’t know much about the technology behind it. But, here we are sharing some of the key points that one should consider while comparing various air purifiers available in the market.
The coverage area represents the maximum amount of room area up to which the air purifier works efficiently. The best air purifier brands have always mentioned the coverage area in the product specifications.
To get the right purifier according to room space, one has to calculate the actual area of the living room or bedroom where they want to place the air purifier. The coverage area should always be higher than the room area for efficient working.
Type of Filters
Nowadays, multiple filters are used in the purifiers to capture every possible impurity from the air. It includes pre-filters, HEPA filters, carbon filters, ion generators, etc. which perform individual actions to remove a particular type of impurity.
Just like an air conditioner, the pre-filter is used to remove larger particles, dust particles, dog hairs, etc.. In contrast, the HEPA filter is used to remove smaller particles of size PM 10 to PM 2.5, which was the primary cause of air pollution. Whereas, the carbon filters are used to remove the bad odor caused by various agents.
More details about the filters were mentioned in the buying guide at the end of the post. To save time, check the list of our recommended “air purifiers for home” with a detailed review.
10 Best Air Purifiers in India
1. Dyson Pure Cool TP03 Link Tower WiFi-Enabled Air Purifier
Dyson has one of the most premium range air purifiers that works magnificently. The Dyson TP03 air purifier gives instant purification by removing 99.95% of dust, pollen, mold spores, bacteria, etc. of size as small as 0.1 microns. These fine filters ensure complete purification of the air by removing such small particles too, which most of the budget purifiers failed to offer.
The large upper portion is designed in this way for better circulation of purified air throughout large rooms. Whereas, the inbuilt fan can be used to increase or decrease the flow of the air.
The low face velocity operation ensures the ultrafine pollutants can’t escape directly into the room atmosphere due to the high force. Along with that, it’s a remote control, and the Dyson link app gives easy control & monitoring options.
- It has H-13 Glass 360 Degree HEPA filter and Tris-coated Activated Carbon Filter
- Smart enough to automatically monitor, react, and purify
- Easy scheduling, ten air-speed settings, auto mode, night-time mode, sleep timer
- Certified Asthma & Allergy Friendly by AAFA
- Easy controls through remote and Dyson link app
- It has coverage of 400 Sq ft and CADR of 70 m³/h
2. Philips AC3256/20 Air Purifier
Philips air purifiers are one of the most trusted ones among Indian customers. The AeraSense purifier series comes in three range of models 3000, 2000, and 1000; the functions and efficiency vary according to that. The 3000 series is the most premium one and the 1000 series is the basic one.
The Philips AC3256 has intelligent sensors that constantly monitor the air quality and removes 99.97% airborne pollutants as small as 0.003 microns automatically. It also displays real-time PM 2.5 pollution levels in the room.
It uses extra-thick nano-protect HEPA and carbon filter for superior purification. Along with that, it’s equipped with Allergen Mode, which is more effective in quick removal of airborne allergens entered in the room air.
- HEPA + carbon filter to remove particles of size greater than or equal to 0.003 micron
- High CADR of 393 m³/hour and coverage up to 333-505 sq ft
- It has AL auto mode effectively removes allergens
- It’s equipped with Sensor touch UI, auto mode, sleep mode, four-color AQI alert, filter change alert
3. Philips AC2887/20 High-Efficiency Air purifier
Philips is one of the most reputed brands in home appliances that Indian users trust. The Philips AC2887 is one such appliance that completely stood on the benchmarks of Philips by assuring quality hardware & performance.
If you have a budget around 15k, then this is the best option to opt for as it gives coverage of 441 sq foot with CADR of 333 m³/hour, which is unmatched at this price range. It’s advanced Vitashield designed to remove ultra-fine particles of size up to 0.02 micron.
It had specially designed virus & bacteria mood, which increases the airflow to capture more bacteria. One can use this feature when the air tends to be affected by external sources.
- Real-time PM 2.5 monitoring & display with professional-grade sensors
- The high coverage area of 441 sq. ft to suit every kind of space
- Three smart Pre-settings for different airborne pollutants
- Smart light control, Allergen Mode, virus mode, and sleep mode for low noise operations
4. Coway Sleek Pro AP-1009 Air Purifier
It is claimed to be the purifier with the longest filter life span of 8500 hours, which is almost 11 months assuming standard usage. But, practically its more depend on the pollution levels of the atmosphere and daily usage of the person.
It has inbuilt sensors that automatically optimize air quality and also display the AQI levels through various color indicators. The filters include pre-filter, carbon filter, and a multi-layer HEPA filter to trap micro dust particles.
The controls are given on the top of the purifier, which includes a power button, auto mode, fan speed controller up to 4 levels. The mood lamp can be turned on or off easily with the mood switch given along with the other buttons.
- It has a coverage area of 355 sq. ft which is best suitable for a large bedroom, kitchen, or drawing room
- The Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) of 303 cubic m/hr ensures the fast cleaning of the air after turning it on
- One-Touch AirSpeed Adjustment, airspeed indicators, Silent Operation (22-49 dB noise level), and auto mode
5. Honeywell Air Touch i8 42-Watt Air Purifier
Honeywell is another excellent brand known for its effective home air purifiers & car air purifiers. The Air Touch i8 purifier has HiSiv and HEPA filter that removes microscopic allergens, PM 2.5 particles, lousy odor, toxic gases, etc.
It gives 36 Sq.m of coverage, which is enough for small to medium size rooms but not recommended for large halls or living areas. In contrast, the air filtration rate is 300 cubic m/hr, which is sufficient to purify a medium-size room within 8-10 minutes efficiently.
The only drawback of it to consider was its filter life, which gives only 3000 hours of working time approximately. Perhaps, it also depends on the pollution level of the atmosphere but still lesser than what other brands offered.
- Real-time PM2.5 meter for air quality display
- CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) – 300 m³/hr, Coverage – 387 sq ft
- Combined patented HiSiv and HEPA filter
6. Philips Air purifier AC1215/20
Philips AC1215 is one of the most selling air purifiers in India because of its budget-friendly price and effective working. Remember, in 2016, the days when the airborne allergens reached the dangerous levels for the first time. Since then, Philips 1000 series models saving hundreds of families from hazardous air pollution.
Perhaps of its low price, It doesn’t compromise with air quality as its multi-stage filtration process including pre-filter, activated carbon filter & double layered H13 grade HEPA filter ensures removal of particles greater than 0.02 micron.
- It is suitable for a room area of 226-333 sq ft. and has CADR of 270 m³/hour
- 100% Ozone free and natural filtration
- Air quality indicator with four colors that gives real-time air quality feedback
7. Mi 2S Vertical Air Purifier
Mi is known for its innovative products in the budget-friendly range, and now they come up with an air purifier that can be controlled by voice commands. Yes, you read it right. The Mi 2S purifier can be paired with Amazon Alexa for easy voice controls.
Its rectangular & symmetrical design looks beautiful & elegant, where an OLED display is given in front to show various functions. Have a look at some of its key details below:
- CADR 310 m³/hr, Effectiveness area: 21m² ~ 37m²
- 360-degree air intake and three-layer filtration
- Easy controls with Mi mobile app & Alexa voice commands
8. Airspa With Device Tms 16 Hepa Air Purifier
In case you’re not satisfied with the above models, here’s a good alternative to them in the budget range. The Airspa has a simple design with a large display at the front side with the blackish touch to the overall look.
The approx covered area of 350 square feet justifies its value, but it lacks in CADR, which is 180 m³/h. Its six-stage filtration system has the most number of air filtration stage, which includes, pre-filter, activated carbon filter, microbial filter, and HEPA filter. However, the air also passes through UV light and negative Ionizer
- Ultraviolet light is used to neutralize micro-organisms with other filters
- Negatively charged ions discharged into the air that continuously purifies the room by bonding with bacteria or dust particles
- Panel & remote controls are given
9. Havells Freshia AP-40 80-Watt Air Purifier
Love Havells appliances? Here’s the Freshia air purifier series by Havells that gives 350 m³/hour of fresh air delivery rate. It’s also equipped with advanced features like Child lock, Manual Timer Setting, Automatic Filter Replacement reminder.
The HEPA filter is competent enough to remove allergens & Filtration up to 0.03 microns, which are 80 times smaller than PM 2.5 dust particles.
- Five stages of filtration which includes Pre-Filter, Cold-Catalyst, Activated Carbon, Antibacterial and HEPA
- 3-Color indications for PPM level at which light changes from 1-50 Green, 51-150 Orange, 151-500 & above Red
- CADR of 350 m³/hour
10. Blue Star BS-AP300DAI 444CMH 43-Watt Air Purifier
Last but not least, the Blue Star Air purifier offers one of the best & powerful CADR of 444 m³/hour, which takes minutes to purify the whole room. It has a unique Microbe DeActive+ filter that deactivates airborne microbes like bacteria, Ecoli, staphylococcus, which presents in the air.
The fan has four “speed settings,” including turbo, high, medium, and slow mode, using which the user can adjust to the perfect airflow in the room.
- Filter clean & change alert
- Real-Time PM2.5 indicator
- Silent mode for quiet operations at night
So, These are some of the top recommendations of air purifiers in India. I hope you’ve got the perfect one that suits your needs. Still not sure? Well, you can freely share your concern using the comments section, and we’ll try to salt it out.
Meanwhile, you can read the following buying guide, which will give more exposure to the working mechanism of the air purifiers and how you can make most out of it.
Buying Guide – Best Air Purifiers
In this section, we’ll discuss the latest technologies introduced in the air purifiers for quick and better purifications. Every brand tries to improve its existing model to produce more cost-effective & healthier air.
It’s not just about the purchase of the product, but one should have the precise knowledge of its appliance mechanism to use it effectively in the future.
At the first step, the room air brought into the purifier using fans or other means, which passes through the filters with the flow. It’s also known as the face velocity, and if it is higher than the recommended limits, it may result in the escape of ultrafine particles.
The filtered air released to the atmosphere using the powerful fan, whose speed can be controlled by the user to maintain perfect airflow.
At the filtration stage, the air passes through the multiple filters of different kinds to capture various kinds of pollutants.
High-Efficiency Particulate Arrestance/Adsorption (HEPA)
The particulate matter particle gets stuck into it either by direct impaction, sieving, intersection, or diffusion. Almost all the PM10, PM2.5, or smaller particles trapped into this filter.
However, not all HEPA filters are the same; some are mentioned as HEPA-type, which looks like HEPA filters but doesn’t meet the same requirements. The efficiency of removing particulate matters can’t be guaranteed in such filters.
Activated Carbon Filter
The activated carbon filter is used to remove the bad odor, smell, smoke from the air. It’s a very effective filter against toxic gases, chemicals, and Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs).
It mostly used in combination with the HEPA filter as it can’t filter the fine particles. The activated carbon filter or formally known as the HEGA filter absorbs the odors and obnoxious gases when passing through it and neutralizes them.
The absorption process fill-up the activated carbon bed with pollutants, which reduces its efficiency over the period. When It got fully saturated, one needs to replace it with the new one.
Therefore, The filter life depends upon the size of the filter; the larger it is, the longer it can be used.
PM2.5 and PM10
We regularly hear the terms PM2.5 or PM10 from environmental authorities, news channels, or even through social media activists. But do we exactly know what they mean? And how they formed? So, let’s discuss it here.
Particulate Matter is the combination of solid & liquid particles that are suspended in the air. The term PM denotes particulate matter, whereas the number after that defines the particle size.
PM10 particles have a size of lesser than 10 microns (micrometer), which is approx 15%-20% of a human hair width. On the other side, PM2.5 refers to the atmospheric particulate matter that has a size lesser than 2.5 microns.
These particles are dangerous because they float in the air instead of settled down and hazardous for human health. The light particles (PM2.5) float for a longer period in the air, hence it has a more dangerous effect in the atmosphere than PM10.
Such particles formed due to the burning of fuel or other chemical reactions that takes place in the atmosphere. So, one can avoid overdoing such activities during alarming levels of atmospheric pollution.
Maintainance of Air Purifiers
Till now, we have discussed all regarding pollution, pollutants, purification method, and purifiers, but the real thing is how to use air purifiers so that it will serve for a more extended period effectively.
Using an air purifier is as easy as drinking a cup of tea. But to maintain it well-conditioned, one should consider the following tips:
- Cleaning pre-filters: Almost all air purifiers come with pre-filters that capture large dust particles, hairs, etc. Cause it captures most of the major dust, it needs more frequent cleaning. Mostly they are washable, or one can use the damp cloth to clean it.
- Replacing HEPA & Carbon filter at the right time: Many of us either forgets to change the filters or take a casual approach while we need to replace them. The filter changing period mostly depends on the purifier model; perhaps one can calculate it using the filter life mentioned on the product and their average daily usage time. To get rid of such a headache, prefer the ones which give filter change alert.
- Keep the room closed as much as possible even before or after the purifier usage. It will save the room air from the unhealthy air blast, which ultimately saves money by increasing the filter purification period because more impurity causes more damage to the HEPA or carbon filter.
- Try to seal the small gaps that are causing air exchange from the outside atmosphere.
Hence, there are some quick tips that one should follow for the efficient working of air purifiers for an elongated period.
That’s all from the best air purifier buying guide, hope you’re got all your queries solved with the help of this article. If you have any suggestions or questions, you can post that below, we will consider it happily.